8" tile saw blades [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : 8" tile saw blades

ekopwoc
02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Glad I found this place. I need a little advice.

Just bought a Felker TM-75 for personal use. Did fine for a short while, but the blade seems to have run it's course quickly. Has gone from smooth and fairly easily cutting to slow and difficult.

What can be used to dress the blade as a first step in resolving my problem?

I have searched our little town high and low for a new 8" blade to no avail, incuding Lowes where I bought the saw. 7" blades are coming out of the woodwork. Which brings me to my second question. Has anyone tried a 7" blade in this, or similar, saws by building up the work surface by a 1/4" or more?

If I had known how much difficulty I was going to have getting 8" blades, I would never have bought a Felker.

I's appreciate any constructive comments. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Tool Guy - Kg
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi Ron, welcome to the forum.

Take a look at this thread in the Liberry titled: "Sharpen Your Diamond Saw Blade (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20672)".

As far as blades, no worries. There are plenty of blades to choose from, but we don't know what kind of tile you're cutting. Contractor's Direct has a good selection.

:)

Bugboat
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I ran into the same problem with my 8" Felker I bought at Lowes. They sell two different saws with 8" blades, but rarely stock the blades. They have 7" blades coming out the wazoo. I have seen the 8" blades at Lowes, but they don't last long. Go fiqure, they don't stock what sells. They can order them for you. I ordered a MK diamond blade from this site through Contrators Direct. I also ordered a dressing stone. The dressing stone helped out the cheap blade that came with the saw.

Tiletim
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I was just at Lowes - in my area they stock a 8" dewalt blade (relief cut blade - read better than average)