Where do you set up your wet saw? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Where do you set up your wet saw?

MoneypitNY
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I just finished a bathroom on the first floor of a house by myself. I had the saw set up in the garage which wasn't too bad as far as walking back and fourth for cuts.
Now I'm about to start the second floor master bath. Its about 450 sq ft of walls and floor with listellos and other accents and 2 niches so there will be plenty of cuts. I would like to have the saw in the master bedroom. There are brand new hardwood floors throughout the entire house, but the house is vacant.
Do you guys have any tips on how to set up a wetsaw in this situation or is it not a good idea?
Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links

muskymike
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi Tom, I currently have my saw set up in a upstairs bedroom. We made a pool per say with some 2x4s and some rubber roofing then made a tent around it with some plastic. :)

tileman2000
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Tom,

You can use this www.wettent.com or use it as a guide to set up your own protection setup.

Edit:Mike has the right idea,if you do a search on this forum there's a few different ideas floating around here.

ceramictec
02-22-2010, 10:09 PM
set it up outside where it's nice & sunny :D

tileman2000
02-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice Brian,it will be warm and sunny here in about 2 months.:twitch:

ceramictec
02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
:yeah:

ob1kanobee
02-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Go to Walmart and find the biggest plastic kiddie pool they have. Set your saw inside it. I don't care for the inflatable ones but some guys like them.

Also, why not just set it up in the bathroom while you are doing the shower? When you are done with the shower then put saw in shower and do the outside floor.

Shaughnn
02-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I like Ben's suggestion. I would be terrified of pulling up my bullet-proof moisture containment system and finding that condensation under the plastic has ruined the hardwoods. :eek:
Shaughnn

Muddman
02-23-2010, 05:16 AM
for a little extra protection I will always lay my setup over a sheet of greenboard. That way if any water does escape it will soak it right up. Haven't ruined a floor yet.

MoneypitNY
02-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you for all of the great ideas and pictures. I just finished tileing the floor and shower floor. I think I might try to set up the saw in the bathroom as suggested while I do all of the walls. I guess I still need to find some kind of tub or pool to sit the saw in though.

ob1kanobee
02-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Tom, you can go to Walmart and get one of those plastic kiddie pools. the saw will fit in there. I also use a mud-mixing tub. It is like 4 feet long and 2 feet wide or so but it fits my big XL Target saw.