Plumbing Forums? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Forums?

austinpower
02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to fixing plumbing fixtures. Is there a forum as great as this one that pertains only to plumbing? I would like to learn more about how all the different valves work. For example, if someone ;) has a leaky waterhose faucet and a leaky shower faucet, where would I get more information to educate myself on how to fix these problems? Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links

redkev
02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
that should do it.

Brian in San Diego
02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
For example, if someone has a leaky waterhose faucet and a leaky shower faucet, where would I get more information to educate myself on how to fix these problems? Washers, perhaps?

sandbagger
02-21-2010, 01:17 AM
how about your local hardware or plumbing supply house? Seriously. Online is fine for some things, but smart people who understand the quirks of your particular area are invaluable.

austinpower
02-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Cool, thanks for the advice folks. And yes, I plan on going to my trusty plumbing supply store on Monday. I'm going to have them explain the valve in question and how it works and how to properly install.

Thanks.

Houston Remodeler
02-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Take a picture with your cell phone or digital camera and take it with you so that they know what you are looking at.