Nuheat, MasterHeat, or Premier underfloor heating? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Nuheat, MasterHeat, or Premier underfloor heating?

mhixson
02-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Just wanted to hear advice and opinions on different brands of underfloor heating. Does any one brand heat better or is more efficient than the others? I would imagine they'd be pretty much equal on efficiency. How about pricing? Costco sells Premier and two other local shops sell Nuheat and MasterHeat.
Any thoughts on comparisons between the brands would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

mwalsh3
02-20-2010, 05:16 PM
there's a good thread in the "professional's hangout" entitled "what's your favorite in floor heating?" that might answer some of your questions

kerry42
02-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Check out Thermosoft's website at Thermosoft.com the have great prices and ship fast. Kerry

mhixson
02-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll check those out.

fourml8r
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
i just put in a thermosoft floor. no problems at all. just take the time to make sure you have your layout right (goes for any radiant floor actually). don't be "fooled" by their sales. as soon as one "sale" ends a new one begins. wait for a 50 or 60% off sale with free shipping. shipping was fast and quality of materials was really good. get a plastic trowel, meter and alarm from them as a kit. don't forget to get an extra sensor and run it in the floor as a back-up in case you need one 10 years down the road. a lot easier to do it now rather than later.

Snets
02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Wow, that's a great idea on the extra sensor, never even heard of that or considered it.

Anyone had any issues with sensors down the road? Other than the 2 wires, what makes up the sensor, I don't even know, can it wear out?

KP_Tile
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I always put a backup sensor in. I've never had one go bad on me but it's worth the extra money to avoid any headaches. Thermosoft turned me on to the concept and I've always done it since. I love their mats and stats but make sure you call a rep if you order from them if you want to get the best price.

WarmlyYours
04-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I'll add a shameless (biased) plug for my company, http://www.WarmlyYours.com

You can test us out by emailing or faxing us a floor plan. We provide quotes and custom installation plans like this one below - customized for your job. It comes free with every quote request.

Nick

http://www.warmlyyours.com/galleries/1/designlayout.jpg