Can I cut my tiles up top? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Can I cut my tiles up top?

GeronimoDF
02-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi,
I would like to say thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum. I have used ditra, kerdi and ditra-set because of you guys. I have a simple question. I am ready to tile around my bathtub. The room has a slant to it. From the bathtub to the ceiling, it differs 3/4 of an inch. I am using 3x6 subway tile one third of the way up, and then 16x20 the remainder. Should I cut the bottom tiles to make up for the difference in height? Or should I keep the bottom tiles full, and cut from the top since they are so much bigger? I am running the tiles all the way up to the ceiling.

Thanks again for everything,

Dan

Sponsored Links

LGB
02-18-2010, 06:49 PM
You may need to cut both. If the tub is level you can run full tile off of it provided you have a decent size cut at the ceiling.

John Bridge
02-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Welcome aboard, Dan. :)

What Leon said. figure your vertical layout before you cut anything. ;)

fourml8r
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
i would probably cut a litle off each (top and bottom tiles) but i bet no one except you would notice if you did it one way or the other.

rktect
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Depending on the layout I cut both . . . :)

ob1kanobee
02-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I would take it out of the 16x20 if at all possible because it will be less noticeable. However if your bottom section is not level you might have to adjust it there as well. (cut)