Question about slc primer [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Question about slc primer

Settin' Stone
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone. I am going to be tiling in the basement bathroom, and want to put down heating wires. I have never used heating in tile before, and have never used slc. I've been reading through the threads, and while it seems everyone is in agreement that primer needs to be used first on the slab, I cant find out what primer to use. Is it a special type, or just the regular grey basement sealer? Another question I have is about lath. Do i have to use it in any area that there will not be heat wires, or is that just over plywood? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Rkeister
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
tec sell's a multipurpose primer that works for porous and non-porous substrates. contact a local tec dealer and check it out.

hbrothberg
02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Use the Primer supplied by or recommended by the manufacturer of the Self Leveling Underlayment that you plan to use ...!

In our case ( full disclosure: I AM biased, I work for Laticrete ) we supply a total system approach for your project ...!

Self leveling Underlayment primer
Self leveling Underlayment
Floor Warming "wires" product & thermostat
Tile thinbed adhesive
Tile grout

Henry

Tiledepot
02-18-2010, 02:06 PM
after you done with the sealer, here is a link how to cover the warm wire, around 6:40 its show that part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeH94Yg-pxU