SPLITFACE TRAVENTINE MOSAIC-PIX and query [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : SPLITFACE TRAVENTINE MOSAIC-PIX and query

cowtown_eric
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Got some pix here of a splitface traventine install, and am soliciting comments. Posibie or constuctively negative; whatever....

Primarily a millworker, my schedule on this job didn't match the tile layers last minute massive changes to HIS schedule yadda yada yadda.....

Specific questions on my part are how would you have handled the corners....

Look closely and them corners are all mitred, but open a tad, in keeping with the characteristics of the the mosaics, The first picture, yer almost looking straight into the mitre.

BTW, tile guy wasn't planning on mitred arrises, but rather butt overlays....dunno about that, but maybe he had some method of dealing with it that I just ain't cottoned on to yet. must be dumb or something.

Frigg as if exteriior corners ain't complicated enuf, the interior corners would be imposible without mitering....

Beats me how, with the gauging on this stuff resulting in variations in thickness of anywhere from 3/8" to 1 1/4" (evan on an individual piece), how a butt joint could be disguised or made invisible on 5 exterior corners on a construct in the middle of the room. Oh if there's a secret to accomplising that, I'd love to know, and in exchange, I'll share the methodology I used to "fair the corners" of the mitre....

lemme know what you think eh.... incidently client is almost peeing her pants. Loves the look

how do you think I coulda done it better..

inquiring minds want to know.

Eric in Calgary

Sponsored Links

Davestone
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Looks like you did fine.:dance:

Tool Guy - Kg
02-11-2010, 11:34 PM
What Dave said. :)

SyTile
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
You have done exactly as I would have.