The Constitution [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : The Constitution

ddmoit
02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Those of you who think it can be saved might find this interesting...

http://articlesoffreedom.us/Home.aspx

A group calling themselves the Continental Congress of 2009 got together and drew up The Articles of Freedom. They are basically petitioning our government in much the same way that our forefathers petitioned the King.

Read the document, and if you agree (and if you dare), sign it.

Incidentally, Michael Badnarik was elected president of the Continental Congress last year. I had occasion to meet him (again) last night.

Sponsored Links

scuttlebuttrp
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Dan,
Alot of what you preach on here makes sense. The anti fed stance. Austrian stuff, etc.. (still don't agree with your gold standard stance but that's another topic)
I was ready to ignore your latest when I see they wish to impeach Obama because he's not a citizen. He was born in Hawaii. But I read more and see that their claim is he's not fit to be President because his dad wasn't a citizen but still Kenyan/ a British subject. O.k. fine.
But the problem with overthrowing the current regime is they won't like it if we try to do that. frankly most people are way too busy in their own narrowily focused concerns to care about such issues. and they don't like having their heads split open by tyrants attempting to retain their power. Until there is enough of a front of people on this groups side to start the ball rolling, it will remain on the sidelines like many groups throughout history. They have under 3k people signed up out of a country of over 300 million. That is less than .001% of the country. Even with all the bad press communism gets, even they have way more support in america in the CPUSA than that.
I agree that more people need to become concerned. Especially on issues like our monetary policy and debt load, business regulation, taxes, etc.. but they won't. At least not until something major happens. Then your numbers will start rolling.
I applaud your efforts at education. Just don't spend too much of your life on these issues.
For comprehension perhaps you might enjoy reading about Dialectical materialism. Helps in comprehending the universe.:scratch::)

Development is a process whereby insignificant and imperceptible quantitative changes lead to fundamental, qualitative changes. Qualitative changes occur not gradually, but rapidly and abruptly, as leaps from one state to another. A simple example from the physical world is the heating of water: a one degree increase in temperature is a quantitative change, but between 99 and 100 degrees there is a qualitative change - water to steam.

Keep plugging away. It will happen eventually.

cx
02-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I had not paid much attention to him, Dan, even when he was a Presidential candidate. I had a much better opinion after reading his Good To Be King. Seemed to have a pretty good grasp of some of the issues. I can't quote anything from the book on accounta I burned it back in the Great Hovel Far, eh? :cry:

I'm certainly in favor of an organized effort to petition the government for redress of grievances, though. Didn't I read somewhere that we're actually permitted to do that? :shades:frankly most people are way too busy in their own narrowily focused concerns to care about such issues. and they don't like having their heads split open by tyrants attempting to retain their power.Yep, and it has been thus for a couple hunnert years, Royce. Or maybe a couple thousand. Apathy is, has always been, and perhaps will always be the most effective enemy of liberty.

But one of these days...................... :)

ddmoit
02-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I wish you could have heard his speech last night, CX. I doubt there was much in it with which you would have disagreed.