Americans simply do not know how to Protest Properly [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Americans simply do not know how to Protest Properly

jjwq8
02-02-2010, 06:47 AM
HEADLINE:
"Irishman urinated on French bread in protest at Henry handball, court told (http://newsfromireland.com/2010/01/irishman-urinated-on-french-bread-in-protest-at-henry-handball-court-told/)"
BY KEVIN BRADY (newsfromireland.com)
(ROSCOMMON, IRELAND) A drunken unemployed plasterer who was found urinating on the French loaves section of a large supermarket in protest at the infamous handball incident in the France vs Ireland World Cup qualifier, was this week given a suspended sentence, fined and bound over to keep the peace.

Jeremy - no full news articles allowed to be posted. Please provide a brief excerpt or your own summary and a link to the article.

Sponsored Links

Shaughnn
02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Jeremy,
A long while ago, during my impulsive youth, I once did something similar. Asked a gas station owner for the key to his restroom and he kept telling me, "It's broke". Strange thing was I had been waiting at the register for him to finish using it and I could still hear the sound of the bowl filling up as he was lying to me. An argument ensued and I urinated on his counter in protest, staring him in his disbelieving eyes the whole while. The guy behind me was chuckling as he dropped his money into the spreading puddle and said, "Pump 4".
I think, as a form of protest, it probably predates the raised middle finger. In hindsight, I probably could have chosen a different way to express my contempt though. :D
Shaughnn