need help with my flood test for shower pan please :) [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : need help with my flood test for shower pan please :)

FemmeMetale
01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi,
To make a long story short....
I had a shower with a cracked fiberglass shower pan. I tore out all tile,greenboard, pan and drain body. I have replaced the drain body,but have 2 problems right now.
So far, I replaced the subfloor, installed the bottom of the drain body, installed proslope by Noble company,and installed chloroloy sheet over the whole thing. I put the Noblesealant 150 on the body under the chloroloy like they recommend.

my problems:
1. there is some slack/movement of my whole drain body(up and down) due to the floor having too big of a hole for the drain.the widest part of the body is touching all around,but only a little
2. I filled the pan with water last night and woke up to an empty pan:( my guess is that the water leaked through the weepholes built in to the clamping ring. i think there are six. ANyway, there are no leaks in the ceiling below. Is this right?

thank you

Sponsored Links

Davestone
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Kel did you put a plumbers rubber bladder in the drain pipe to stop water flow down the pipe?

FemmeMetale
01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I've never heard or seen mention of one... so no. I'll research it. i still have access to above and below the drain too

Edthedawg
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Welcome, Kell :)

You need the bladder type plug, or even a well placed balloon, to block the drain and the weep-holes. Does sound like you're on the right track, tho.

Might need to add a "split ring" of plywood below to provide some better support for the drain, or somethin. if you can see that bottom area, snap a picher and post it here. we like pichers :)

FemmeMetale
01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
awesome,thanks guys!!