Best small wet saw [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Best small wet saw

Muddman
01-01-2010, 03:04 AM
I want to add a small wet saw to my arsenal. Something very portable that I can fit easily in the truck without having to clear a spot, and I can set up in a small area. But I also need it to be very accurate and cut well, otherwise it won't get used.
I know a lot of you are going to say "felker tm-75", but I have looked at one and am not impressed. The sled on the unit has way too much slack. It would be fine if all I were doing is cutting edges for a floor, but if I need some nice looking cuts for a backsplash, which is one thing I want to use this saw for, I don't think it will be up to par.
I busted out my mk-770 exp the other day to takle a backsplash because I didn't want to lug my Ridgid from another jobsite. I quickly remembered why I quit using it the first time.
I am thinking of going with a table saw style saw, since I have never seen a small overhead style with a really good sled. And I know from my first saw that as long as you take the time to align the fence, the table ones can cut real straight.
I know there a a bunch out there. Rubi has one but the fence looks questionable. The felker table style is pretty dinky. I am weary of another MK. The big QEP one seems nice. There is one by Norton thats seems nice (never heard of em though). Then there is one with a sled that seems interesting.

Any recommendations, thoughts, experience with these???

And no, I am not dropping a grand on a sigma Jolly!
http://www.tools4tile.com/servlet/the-43/sigma-jolly-wet-saw%2C/Detail

or the raomondi
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tools4flooring.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/r/a/raimondi-GS-86.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tools4flooring.com/raimondi-gs-86-portable-tile-saw-p-928.html&usg=__lgxS5V2OdE-Aiuhlti-rSUH-ZP0=&h=360&w=387&sz=13&hl=en&start=3&sig2=FQ6WsQbFMQGVJHhJL_mNYQ&um=1&tbnid=LK5LsPYidw_nMM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dportable%2Btile%2Bsaw%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=bMk9S4y1PJCQNouQtOQI

Sponsored Links

Muddman
01-01-2010, 03:08 AM
and if anyone utters the name "ryobi" I will:bonk:you

Tool Guy - Kg
01-01-2010, 03:23 AM
What brand is that last one, with the sliding tray? That does look interesting for backsplash work. :)

gueuzeman
01-01-2010, 05:24 AM
I busted out my mk-770 exp the other day to takle a backsplash because I didn't want to lug my Ridgid from another jobsite. I quickly remembered why I quit using it the first time.

Why was that? I think the 770 is possibly the most versitile little backsplash saw.

Raymondo
01-01-2010, 05:34 AM
IMO, basically all the table saw style saws suck. Every time you make a cut it looks like you wet yourself. Kind of fun if you have a helper though.
The tm-75 is quite a good little saw and if your only doing small tiles the cuts should be plenty accurate, also its pretty quiet compared to many others likr the 770.

Brad Denny
01-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Kurt I think that is Pearl's little saw. I saw it at a supplier and looks nice, but pricey (around $650?).

bctile601
01-01-2010, 06:46 AM
I have a Husky saw for that kind of work ( small jobs, little working space, cold outside, long distance to garage / basement ) and it does work well, not very accurate, a lot of free hand and some ad-lib too. I tried using the supplied rip fence twice, looks nice in the picture, but not in RL. the laser is a joke. We ended up using 7" speed square + a jig for cutting diagonals, I have also cut the steel body to allow the square to extend out past the edges, can also use the larger square. The square can be clamped down somewhat, but mostly hand held in place during the cut (s). Underpowered to do anything big or extensive work. Get an apron.

My opinion worth less than price charged.

Brad Denny
01-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I found that sliding saw, not a Pearl, but I did see a Pearl like it, though they're not showing one in their catalog. :shrug:

https://www.tiletools.com/product/dcut-td080-wet-tile-saw-967.cfm

Chad Deiter Construction
01-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I have one of those Husky's too but no matter what blade I put on it I can't a smooth cut from it . :dunce:

Brad Denny
01-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Sliding saw is from Northern Tool...
http://reviews-cdn.northerntool.com/0394/339080/reviews.htm

ceramictec
01-01-2010, 09:10 AM
that's cute, but for $299 you could buy a Qep 83200 24-inch Bridge Saw (http://www.amazon.com/Tile-Tools-83200-24-inch-Bridge/dp/B000AV6SYQ)

John Bridge
01-01-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm on my second TM-75. Burned the first one up cutting stuff I shouldn't have been cutting with that saw. It has one drawback -- the way the cart is mounted on the rail. Constantly working on that to keep it rolling smoothly. I still recommend the tool, though. The induction motor is awesome. :)

Bill Vincent
01-01-2010, 09:13 AM
This past summer, I did some work out on one of the islands off of Portland. I wasn't about to pay the freight for my big Target, if it really wasn't necessary, so I broke down and bought Felker TM-75. That's got to be the best money I've spent in a long time. That little saw now sees more jobs than the Target, specifically because of its size. It doesn't have quite the power that the Target does, but for its size, it's a damn good saw.

Muddman
01-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Why was that? I think the 770 is possibly the most versitile little backsplash saw.

Mostly it is the sled. Even if I mess with that thing for hours I can't get it to cut perfectly straight. And I have to keep the rail doused in wd-40 so it doesn't stick on me.

And it has a lousy setup. I don't like how it attaches to the legs, and I hate having to take it off the legs and haul it around. That is one big reason I like my ridgid, just fold it up and wheel it off. MY ridgid which is trice as heavy is easier to transport than my 770.

also the design of the water tray is lousy. Who puts the plug so it drains onto the legs of the saw? I had to make a custom alteration to fix that.

there are a few "dead spots" on the sled where you can't place the fence, bad design.

and the splash guard isn't great

:deadhorse

Muddman
01-01-2010, 09:52 AM
right after I trash MK, I post this....

This little guy intrigues me. No cheap sled to deal with, which is good. But it has an overhead blade, which does cut better, and won't get you as wet. anyone used one before?

Muddman
01-01-2010, 09:55 AM
What brand is that last one, with the sliding tray? That does look interesting for backsplash work.

It might be good, but I would need to see it in person before I bought it. If its sled has too much play it is no good.

deepwater
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Just buy the 60lbs Pearl CX10.. Its light, compact and will cut pretty much whatever you throw at it. The Pearl VX10 looks nice and compact but weighs in at 80lbs. Better off leaving those baby saws to Mr and Mrs Home Owner.

Muddman
01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Just buy the 60lbs Pearl CX10.

(read first post)
I already have a saw that size. I am looking for something small and very portable for small jobs and to set up in my tiling area so I can make small cuts without running outside to the main saw.

Tool Guy - Kg
01-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Brad, thanks for finding a link to the little one with the sliding tray. I'd wanna see if it was any good...coming from Northern....eh. If the local Northern store has one in the store, I'll make sure to report back with any findings.

I hadda itty bitty plasplugs years ago that I could set right on the countertop to work. That's waaaay convenient, but much of the time you saved not running to the garage was spent messing with the fence. Those little saws have traditionally been low on quality, but convenience/speed is a valuable thing. :)

Brad Denny
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
No problem, it's kinda fun searching with this tineye plugin (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tineye.com/plugin&ei=KWM-S_PlFZGftgfZ1sWECQ&sa=X&oi=smap&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAoQqwMoAA&usg=AFQjCNEnm9czxulv6ZCh_bXMlJSSf3ORkA).

I also found the little Pearl I was thinking about, but it is a true tray style saw, and considerably cheaper than I thought...
http://www.contractorsdirect.com/Tile-Tools/Wet-Tile-Saws_2/Pearl-PA-7-Wet-Tile-Saw

jim mclaughlin
01-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I have both felker-75 & mk. Both work well but I would go with felker.

tilerite
01-01-2010, 03:13 PM
The biggest drawback to the TM-75 in my opinion is the depth of the tray. I cannot keep the pump in one place no matter how hard I try. Still, I haven't found a better overall small format saw than the TM-75.The machine is a workhorse.

dhagin
01-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I burnt my pump out on the tm75 a few years ago and have been using the one from HD ever since. Also replaced the short pump tubes with longer ones to use a bucket heater. The combination keeps the pump in place pretty well.

If you haven't used the tm75, you'll be surprised how accurate it is when you get used to using it. Not perfect, but 36 lbs and a Baldor motor?

John Bridge
01-01-2010, 03:39 PM
No, Dana, it's not a Baldor, but it is an induction motor which runs smooth and quietly. You are right about the weight, though, and that's one of the things I like. Even an old guy can lug 36 lbs. up a flight of stairs with one arm free for something else. :)

dhagin
01-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, it's pretty darn quiet, I know that much. Baldor-like? :D

LAN1870
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I have the Husky saw like Brian's got. I searched high and low for a fairly inexpensive small saw to do back splashes and such and decided to go with the husky.

At first I dealt with the crappy guide until I finally sorta learned how to set it squarely when I need it to. I've even cut diagonals with the angle cut tool and it works pretty well.

But mostly I just do everything freehand with it.

The only thing I must say about this saw is that it can really take abuse! It's made very well. One time I had it sitting on a small table in our garage and my husband accidentally backed into it and knocked it over onto the concrete. Still worked fine. :tup2:

Muddman
01-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Leslie,
I had seen the husky at HD when they carried it ( they don't here anymore, but they have it clearanced online). It did seem built well. But I read a lot of reviews all complaining about the fence. Maybe they just never took the time learn how.

Muddman
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I have both felker-75 & mk. Both work well but I would go with felker.

What MK are you comparing it too?

jim mclaughlin
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
mk 170 that was pictured

tilelayer
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
The TM-75 is ok in my opinion, mines out of commision till I get a new pump but right now I am setting big tile so I don't need that thing. The motor lacks torque. If It had a bearing cart like the big bro target it would rock and theres not enough room for the pump and my cart hits the pump alot and i can't make entire cuts alot of the times I use it. I end up holding the tile off the cart somewhere in the middle of it and eying them up straight.

Raymondo
01-03-2010, 06:48 AM
I drop the pump for the tm-75 in a bucket so the tray won't bump into the tray.

Bill Vincent
01-03-2010, 12:07 PM
theres not enough room for the pump and my cart hits the pump alot and i can't make entire cuts alot of the times I use it.

That's the one problem I have with it, as well. I just run the cord between the saw fram and the tub, and it works fine. As for the lack of torque, I think I've been spoiled by my big Target, but one way or the other, I would expect there to be a loss of power from a smaller saw. Each tool to its purpose. I'm not about to try and use it to cut 48x48 Fiandre. :D

Brad Denny
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
For those that didn't click on the link I posted, here's the smallest Pearl. 40lbs. ain't bad, 3/4hp should do the trick, stainless pan, can be used with no stand, 20" rip and 14" diagonal, $500...
too much?

tilelayer
01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Brad,

have you used this saw 1st hand?

tilerite
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I drop the pump for the tm-75 in a bucket so the tray won't bump into the tray

I've done that on occasion. Of course, then you have to keep adding water to the bucket all day long. If the tray was an inch or two deeper, this wouldn't be a problem. Why won't Felker correct this flaw??

tilerite
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I like the look of that Pearl. Only 40 pounds??

Brad Denny
01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I have not personally used it, but did get to kick it around at a supplier showroom. The only thing I felt unsure about was the plastic housing for the motor, but I've only used Targets since in the biz so I may be a bit prejudice. The frame and pan looked great, and you could either use it as a tabletop or buy a frame to go with. I was looking to replace a small Target, but instead refurbished it.

tilerite
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
It is a bit on the pricey side.

dog
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Could this be a replacement for the tm75?
http://www.slideshare.net/LYMANTHURMON/Husqvarna-TM100-Presentation-1087249

John K
01-07-2010, 05:11 AM
No worky,,,

dhagin
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
John, it's a slide show that took a little while to load for me. Click the arrows to move thru it.

Looks like TM-75's bigger brother. 18" cut, 8-10" blades, spring assist plunge cuts, no tilting head. Not sure of the weight.

Mountain Tile
01-30-2010, 07:15 PM
I bought a Felker TM 75 yesterday, used it for a backsplash today. I was impressed how acurate and straight it cut. We had 14 inserts to cut in, my son was making the cuts, used the 45 gauge, He had 56 cuts to make, had them done in 20 minutes and they were perfect. Looks like this is going to be my go to saw. After reading some posts here I think I'll get a back up pump soon, and maybe a longer hose, I like Danas idea. Once again it looks like advice from this forum has made my life a little easier.

JC
01-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I got a tm75 also for small jobs..not a bad saw but it diffenitly needs some serious design improvements:

1.Sled is worthless coz the teflon wheels on the right side quit spinning and quickly develop a deep groove that doesnt slide very good to say the least.

2. my pump also burned out too..in record time I might add

3.The arm that holds the motor up could be offset more to the left to allow for larger tile.

4. The rubber splash guard gets stuck outside the tub and floods the floor..another inch of tub depth could easily stop this..or better yet move the motor 1 inch forward.

5.It could really use a drain plug(rear mount). Or a spout to help dain the tub. I messed my bucket a couple times.

6.There is absolutly not enough room for the cords and they block the table movement. Especially when its cold the wires get pretty angry.

I had to resort to cutting the last two inches off the back of my sled with my grinder..and they still get in the way sometimes.
I flat out refuse to use a separate bucket...my saw should work for me..im not working for my saw.

I hope someone from felker reads this. It is just the right size and otherwise a good little saw..a couple minor tweaks and you wont be able to keep them on the shelves

Brad Denny
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I just purchased the saw I referred to above. Used it today for cutting some 45* 12" porcelain. Powered through it really well. We also cut a few 18" straight. Almost perfect cuts. I'll continue to update on its performance as I beat it around on commercial jobs.

Mountain Tile
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Where did you get the saw? And how much did it cost?

Brad Denny
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I bought it at Louisville Tile here in Nashville and gave right at $500 for it. I have one of these to put it on.

MNTileGuy
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll give a shout out to the TM-75 too. I bought one at Lowes in a pinch when my DeWalt crapped out and it turned out to be a great investment.

I do concur with the critiques of it though. Hopefully Felker (Husq?) will keep this in mind when they come up with a replacement.

My pump broke within a couple of months and I hooked my old DeWalt pump up to it. Problem solved.

For it's all around versatility, this is my 'go to" saw for 13 by 13's or less...

Dan Kramer
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I've got one of these and the sucker comes in handy. Used it today in conjunction with my Tomecanic for a small 130 sf porcelain install. Zero setup time. I've been beating on it for probably 7 years or more and still hums. Don't laugh.

MHI
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I vote for the MeeKutTile.:)

Post #54

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18546&highlight=wetsaw+tailgate&page=4

WalterC
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I can't find the Felker TM-75 for sale anywhere. The $300 was a stretch for me anyway.
What other saw for less than $300 would you recommend? I'll eventually install about 400 to 500 square feet of porcelain tile. The choices I can find easily are:
MK-170 -- can this make cuts over 12" if I turn the tile over?
Harbor Freight bridge saws -- item numbers: 97360 ($229) or 98265 ($179)
(The 10" HF saw is a heavy beast that I don't want to have to move.)
MK-145 -- seems pretty minimal, but cheap.

cx
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Walter, that's one of the most discussed topics on the forums.

Type any of the say names you mentioned into the Advanced Search feature and you'll get dozens of thread, some comparing them to the TM-75, even.

Bill Vincent
10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
If no where else, the TM-75 can be found at just about any Lowes.

Lazarus
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Bill~MAny of the Lowes have sold out and havn't restocked...I think I hear they're discontinued....

cx
10-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Well, Bill's new here and the TM-75 has only been discontinued for about a year, so we should cut him a little slack. :D

Bill Vincent
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I know it was discontinued. :moon: But there are 4 Lowes in my area, and all 4 have them in stock. I just figured Felker was going to keep feeding Lowes till they all ran out, and from what I've see around here, they're not close yet. Maybe they're just not selling as fast around here. :scratch:

cx
10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe they're just not selling as fast around here.C'mon, man, you're in Maine and it's the middle of winter. What would you expect? :D

Not all that far from Walter, though. Y'all's Yankee states bein' so little and all. :shades:

angus242
10-13-2010, 10:20 AM
They are still out there. I previously posted my find from Lowes from about 3 months ago:
http://www.contractortalk.com/attachments/f73/33307d1277413273-felker-tm-75-felker-tm75.jpg

I know at the time Lowes in Schererville, IN (right next to where the midwest Schluter workshop is) had 3 on the shelf. It can't hurt to stop by or call to see.

cx
10-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Hellofa deal, Angus. :)

angus242
10-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah, just talked to the manager and told him I'd take the dusty ole thing off his hands. I was hoping for $199. I suppose I did pretty good. :yeah:

Bill Vincent
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
I'll tell ya-- if I could find one discounted like that, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat just for GP. The one I have is a great little machine. It actually gets more of a workout than my big Target now, because it's so convenient and easy to tote around!

C'mon, man, you're in Maine and it's the middle of winter.

I know to you, Cx, it might FEEL like winter. After all, it does get into the 30's and 40's at night these days. :D :D :D But I'm still going to work in a t-shirt, so it's not quite winter yet! :D Bout the time I'm wearing a sweatshirt, and there's a city being built out on the lake down the street-- THEN it'll be winter! :tup1:

giarc25
10-20-2010, 05:42 AM
I've been to 4 or 5 of the lowes in the DFW area, and haven't found one yet :-(

duneslider
10-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Bill,

That reminded me of a guy I met a few months back. He moved up your way and when winter came he found a good deal on a little fishing cabin, snatched it up real quick and he did some fishing. Came back in the spring and was pissed as hell cause he couldn't find his cabin and he was sure someone had stolen it. :topicoff:

Not sure if he didn't know the ice melts up there or what he was thinking.

Bill Vincent
10-21-2010, 09:22 AM
He woulda been even more pissed if IFW was able to connect him with the ice shack at the bottom of the lake! :yeah:

WalterC
10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I've checked 8 Lowes in the area for the TM-75. None have them.
CX said:
Not all that far from Walter, though. Y'all's Yankee states bein' so little and all.
Of course, here in New England it's often the case that "You can't get there from here."
Unless I find a used saw, I'll probably get a MK-170 plus a better grade diamond blade.

giarc25
10-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I went to a different lowes today, looked on the shelf and score! There was a felker tm-75 box on the shelf!!! Pulled it down and the box was empty :-(

Lazarus
10-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Well...that sucks. Trust this; the TM 75 is history.

Bill Vincent
10-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Yep. Checked two different Lowes up here for Hammy today before I asked someone-- they took all the TM-75's off the shelves and sent em back October 1st. Goes to show ya how much I notice stuff! :bang:

Closest thing they have to them now, is one of those little Kobalt saws that looks alot like someone took an MK 660 and painted it blue. :wtf:

tilelayer
10-22-2010, 08:45 PM
you can find them on craigslist and ebay

giarc25
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey Brad, now that you have had that PA7 for a few months, how do you like it? Is it worth the purchase? Had any issues with it? Pro's and Con's?

stonehack
11-04-2010, 11:00 PM
bump... for the last question. im interested in one of these.

giarc25
12-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Bump, Brad you still around? Anyone else actually using the Pearl PA-7?

Brad Denny
12-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Sorry Guys,
I missed ya before. I do like the Pearl, but have had to use a different pan (small mortar box from Lowes) on a few occasions, as is lets the water fly a bit too much for my taste. Also, the fence has holes in it for some reason and the gauge is similar to Targets (screw putting tension on the rear of the fence, so some places you can't tighten down the gauge (bad design).

All in all, the power is good and the thing is super light. It holds a line better than the 10's. I'd certainly buy it again. :nod:

I can be a bit more specific when I get a little more time. :)

bc brick john
12-09-2010, 09:00 PM
right before you bash me with this suggestion

i have had three years out of this saw had to make a few mods along the time but its more than paid for it self

made by of all people Canadian tire

its a 24" small bridge rail saw weighs in a 40lb you can get it with a stand for the costly sum of approx $180 Can

i also have the mk 101
the 36" pearl bridge
and a 14" target masonry

been looking at the Rigid 7" at the home depot

30" rip 24" on dia and stand for around the $500 mark

also look out for a company if there still going called D-cut
them make a nice small saw

Brian in San Diego
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
been looking at the Rigid 7" at the home depotRigid saws in general have not had favorable reviews here.

Higher Standard Tile
12-10-2010, 02:02 AM
I saw I guy using a D Cut a month ago on job, I had never heard of them before. He liked it alot. He was originally from the bay area.

I'm not planning on getting one but always interesting to see another saw in action.

It seems most small saws are made for the diy crowd and not for the professional tile setter that occasionally needs a small saw.

Chad Deiter Construction
12-10-2010, 07:06 AM
I have one of these for repairs of small tile or sometimes tumbled backslashes if I have my dewalt set up for another job.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/320619185209?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=182473846103&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=%3F*S%3F&GUID=f5ae376312b0a0aad5433543ffdd9d39&itemid=320619185209&ff4=263602_304662

6.5 amps is more than I could find for any other small saw when I was looking. I put a better blade on it and when in a jam it does the job.

bctile601
12-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I have that saw too, and it has been the best little saw for the money, but like you, I use it mainly for tumbled trav backsplashes, set her right on the counter and git 'r done. a lot of free hand cutting and I jig with a speed square off the table, which is fairly square to the blade.

Chad Deiter Construction
12-10-2010, 06:28 PM
:tup1:

K_Tile
12-11-2010, 06:35 AM
We have several TM-75s. They are stout little machines even in the commercial environment. By commercial environment I mean machines operated by people that dont own the equipment!!:shake:

The water pumps were lacking and the clearance from the motor and tray was low.

With the newer snap cutters we hardly ever break out the wet saw. Some of our projects look like a Sigma cutter convention. Snap cutters are way more efficient.

Higher Standard Tile
12-11-2010, 04:29 PM
By commercial environment I mean machines operated by people that dont own the equipment!!

You mean your employees or the carpenters cutting tile for a side job on their lunch break?:postitbg:

Chad,

I guess I will try out that saw sometime. I think a tabletop saw is a good concept for small saws. I recently tried the $50 version of that from HD. Made about three cuts and realized I hated it, cleaned it up put it in the box and returned it.

I guess I should upgrade to the $100 version.

Chad Deiter Construction
12-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Those huskys are harder to find now. Try eBay.

Kilauea
12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Picked up a used one from the HD rental.Works great.Seems like it'd last a long time.It doesnt have that "toy" feel.You also have to figure that they wouldnt rent stuff that wasnt solid.I dont like the fact that your left hand can't go past the blade part.Seems like it'd be better if you could put a larger blade on top.Maybe an 8''.This would definitely give you more room.

http://www.mkdiamond.com/tile/saw_660.html

Obie1
12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
I recently picked up an MK-770 for a really good deal and it works great for repair jobs. Only downside is it sounds like a friggin chainsaw.

Kilauea
12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=285ImXTYdsg

lol

Obie1
12-31-2011, 10:26 AM
HAHAHA!!^^^^^^One of my faves man!!^^^^

gueuzeman
12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Love my 770, kinda. Used to have 2 of 'em, but one was run over by a truck (not me).

660 isa good unit, just no tilting head for bevels.

cwilde72
12-31-2011, 11:02 AM
My 370EXP is still my workhorse. Would love a DeWalt or possibly a T-60 someday but just can't justify it. This lil saw does everything I need it to. Plus I have a Rubi rail saw for anything over 18". The 370 is a screamer tho!!

Bill Vincent
12-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Only downside is it sounds like a friggin chainsaw.

Someone say CHAINSAW???

don s
01-11-2012, 08:58 PM
just picked me up a Tm-75. customer had it sitting on a shelf in his garage . His dad used to own a rental store and this was a rental. Looks and works great. Only problem is, it doesn't have any gauges. Does anyone know where I can puchase at least the rip fence and maybe a back miter gauge ?

tilelayer
01-12-2012, 12:34 PM
dont even bother i never used the guages that came with mine and threw them out.

Lazarus
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
"Guages? I don't need no steenkin' guages...." :biker:

dhagin
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Broke mine a few years ago, been using a spring clamp and piece of tile ever since. :tup1:

mctile
01-20-2012, 07:09 AM
I run a Raimondi GS 86 for all my small jobs. I use it for 90% of my backsplashes. Miters, polishes & has power to spare. Really a nice little unit.

cwilde72
01-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Dang! For the price of that saw you'd better be using the hell out of it Matthew! Looks handy tho.

mctile
01-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Paid for itself in just a few splashes. I like nice tools :nod:

newman
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
a few jobs and then toss...talking mk..dewalt wet saw 10" blades...full rims..$30-40.00...each....get you by kind of blades....I'm used to buying wood blades like this for just about every job.

AND
I'd
like your thoughts on either an mk 370exp or the 770exp...which one you'd buy...I know their not production[got a 101 for that] but I'm getting old and weak and looking for something smaller to lug...yes they scream,but I can't hear now so no big deal.And most of the jobs I get the owners arn't around to hear the saws run.

Thanks....done the search....saws change..some come and go...some hang around like the mk's.So old threads need updating for the new wave of tools that are out now.

cx
06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Last mention of those saws on this thread was last December, Steve, don't think they're likely to have changed much since then. :)

newman
06-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I understand, it's like only a few like them and the rest hate them only because their not deaf and can't put up w/the noise...that says nothing to me about how well they work or don't....we only have a few tile guys here that get most of the work and they both use them....folks on here don't seem to care for them.Maybe because of the cost to buy one?

is there a place on here to put up a" POLL" as to see what the crowd likes best on different tools and materials?

sorry..these was to be in a thread of it's own...somehow it hijack the other thread.Please move it need be.

cx
06-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Steve, we've already got hundreds of threads about wet saws, which is why your latest one got combined here. If you'll type "wet saw" and/or "tile saw" into the Advanced Search you'll see we really don't need any more threads on the subject. Same with grinders and drills and mixers and trowels and knee pads and levels and straight edges and whatever.

But if you can't find enough opinions that way, you can do a social poll about most anything in the Mud Box, eh? :)