grout haze [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : grout haze

jsbeakes
09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
just laid porcelain tile in my basement. i have a grout haze on my tile. it goes away with a wet sponge but it comes back when it dries. the grout has only been laid for about 7 hours should i let it set for 24 hours and then use a diluted solution with vinegar and water for use something more acidic.

Sponsored Links

johntrent
09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Welcome Jeffrey - you might try to let it dry & haze over then use a dry cloth/towel to buff it off. If that doesn't work the water/vinegar will - or try some sulphlamic acid/grout haze remover.

Good luck.:)

jsbeakes
09-04-2009, 07:34 PM
thanks john, ive done a few tile jobs in my house before and i dont remember this happening to this extent. is there anything i did or would it be just because of the color or did i do something different.

johntrent
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Lotsa clean water? Frequent water changes? When I grout - after using the sponge to create your slurry - use a clean sponge - wipe 16-24" with one side of sponge - flip & wipe a second swipe - wring sponge out well & repeat.

Some grouts do tend to leave more of a haze - could also be the tile itself - some more textured tiles will be more difficult to clean that a smooth tile.