*** Gel Knee Pads......need recommendations [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : *** Gel Knee Pads......need recommendations

helphans
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I need to buy a good professional pair of gel knee pads and would like some recommendations of what brands/models to buy. thanks in advance......Hans

Sponsored Links

ob1kanobee
07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.custombuildingproducts.com/ProductCatalog/Tools/PlatinumTools/KneePads.aspx?user=pro&lang=en

I saw these the other day and they looked pretty nice, don't know if anyone has tried them though?

ceramictec
07-13-2009, 04:18 PM
anything fabric will wear out pretty quick. I like the harder plastic on the outside.

ob1kanobee
07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Funny how everyone has their preferences. See I don't like the hard plastic because I tend to knee slip on concrete while setting and scratch polished marble and some stone even glazed ceramic when grouting.

Same thing can happen if you get thinset on your fabric though and don't keep them clean. I haven't had a problem with my knee pads wearing out that bad but I also only weigh 160pounds and I'm 6'3" tall so I don't have a lot of weight on them lol.

gueuzeman
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
The platinum pads Ben linked to are my current faves. On my second pair, very comfortable, but not gel. Gel pads tend to be heavy,They have some good ones at Lowe's, I used to wear them.

The strange thing with the platinum's is the thickness puts you higher off the floor. Takes a bit of getting used to . I'll buy another pair when I need them again.

gueuze

Wayne67vert
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
ProKnee pads are the Bees Knees.

www.proknee.com

Jim wood
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I like PROKNEES not get but 1" of foam padding, very comfy and no knee pit bite.:yo: