Tilelab Grout Haze Remover??? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tilelab Grout Haze Remover???

melissadurante
04-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Okay guys...I swear I am NEVER going to tile and grout anything ever again..but anyway

I have grout haze from a couple of months ago on some textured glass tile..the grout is in the indentations of the tile. I bought grout haze remover by tilelab...from Home Depot....and want to use this to get rid of the haz/grout.

Do you guys recommend this?...No matter how hard I scrub...I am getting nowhere...the bottle says it may etch some glazed tile and not to let it contact any metal fixtures....but is it ok for glass?

Also..it says to saturate the grout for one hour before applying this stuff.......and flush immediately with water......my tile is on a backsplash...I was thinking of spraying the water on with a water bottle sprayer...and just wiping the stuff off with a wet sponge a couple of times.

Any thoughts?..Please
Melissa

Sponsored Links

Davestone
04-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I would test a small spot.I would spray a little water on the grout so it absorbs it,then aply the remover with a sponge, then use an acid brush for a little scrubbing, then rinse with a sponge and then rinse again with a sponge and water with a few drops of ammonia in it.I think when they say it will etch glass it means the clear kind,it may very well etch your glass but if it's colored or has a non see through surface i think it will be minimal.

melissadurante
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Actually...it didn't say it would etch glass...only polished marble....concrete...and glazed tile..I have a few leftover tiles..maybe I should just test the stuff on a leftover tile...thanks