Strep Throat [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Strep Throat

Levi the Tile Guy
04-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Anybody out there know of any thing that will get rid of or help with strep? Think I just got it yesterday, and the next few weeks are really hectic, trying to fit a visit to doc in there is gonna be tough.

Sponsored Links

HS345
04-06-2009, 06:18 AM
If you truly have strep throat Levi, you'll need to go to the doctor. Antibiotics are the only thing that will help it.

It is also very contagious.

Do you have a fever? If not, then you probably don't have it.

Here's the WebMD listing. (http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/strep-throat-topic-overview)

Levi the Tile Guy
04-06-2009, 06:22 AM
right on thank you. Maybe I will go to the dock this mornin, so everybody close to me doesn't have to get sick too.

Tilehelperdan
04-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Yep yep, strep is some bad stuff. Hit up the doc like Greg said. If for nothing else just to make sure it is strep. Last year I got sick and thought it was strep. Before I knew it I couldn't open my mouth and was passed out on my girlfriends couch for two days. I had an infected salivary gland and almost died. Yep, go make sure its strep.

Oldrem
04-06-2009, 11:47 AM
DO NOT DELAY! I spent 3 months in the hospital when I was in High School - had strep which blossumed into rheumatic fever because it wasn't treated properly.

dbol
04-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I have been sick too. I took my temperature also to convince myself I didn't have an infection. I think that is one of the3 first signs.
So I just feel like crap and I didn't go to work today and I still feel like crap

Levi the Tile Guy
04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I did go to work today, and am just getting home. When I was working I was coughing a little, but it's when I stop and relax that it kills me. Got tom. afternoon mostly free, so maybe I'll try and see doc then.

Tool Guy - Kg
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Maybe you'll try and see?

Levi, I'm going to be blunt for your own (and others) good. If you have strep, you need 24 hours of antibiotic treatment before you're not contagious. Stop being selfish and get yourself to a doctor before you cause others to catch it. :whip:

:)

BimmerRacer
04-06-2009, 10:04 PM
One of those CVS walk in pharmacy places can test you and give the meds. It's a simple swab test. Don't delay getting it checked out.