kerdi seam [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : kerdi seam

jetman
07-03-2008, 09:52 PM
hello all question ??????? is the factory kerdi seam water tight??? i have already installed it in my walk in shower (kerdi over wounderboard)and was woundering have someone here been in my situation?? also i am planning on installing the shluter curb(part of the st shower kit) i will install the curb over ply wood 1 1/4 thic plywood with versa bond and mud bed the floor after it drys any sugestions??? greatly appreciated ...dan. :neesie:

Sponsored Links

ceramictec
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
is the factory kerdi seam water tight??? please explain this more, I'm confused on what you mean.

all seams should be overlapped 2".

cx
07-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Only "factory seam" I'm aware of would be the seams on the pre-fab corners that are available. Those are made of the KerdiBand material.

Like Brian, I'm confused on what you might mean here. :scratch:

Splinter
07-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Sometimes you get a roll of Kerdi that has a seam in it... It's only overlapped about 1/2", but I have a feeling the two pieces are fused with heat... I havent used a piece like that on a shower floor, but have on the walls without any fear.

jetman
07-05-2008, 10:07 AM
you are right splinter.sorry gang for not explainning it better but it is a factory 1/2 seam that came in the roll and i installed it on the wall.i cut a small piece of it off and tryed pulling it apart and i was difficult and when it came apart it took the material with it.hey splinter i think i might have seen your call sign (splinter) on a difrent bulliten board? also could some one please let me know if the foam curb with mud bed is a good combination and has any one done that.thanks ...dan

Splinter
07-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey Dan,

Yeah, I've been stirring up trouble with the plumbers over on a contractor forum... It's not quite as friendly and open-minded as this place.

I've never used a Kerdi-curb or pan, so I cant help you there. Sorry.... :)

Mike2
07-05-2008, 11:06 AM
The Kerdi curb works great, Dan. I don't think I'll ever go back to building them the old way. Less than 5 minutes and you're done.

Some people have complained about it's width, i.e., being too wide at 4.5". I think it's fine.

jetman
07-05-2008, 12:10 PM
thanks guys i`ll get started now..and post pictures for you all later..thanks again..dan..