Ceramic tile:restaraunt [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic tile:restaraunt

Mrebochak@aol.com
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I have a problem that has been ongoing in the restaraunts I do work for (and others ,I would assume). These are repairs I am called to correct from other installers.
-the tiles at the entries of the walk-in-coolers, inside and outside,have l lifted and consequently cracked and had to bo removed.
-field tile in the kitchen crack w/ the same result.
My question is what adhesive to use to render the situation? Icannot fully dry the areas because the restaraunts are open and that leaves me app. 10 to 12 hrs. to do the repair process. My experience has been the same thing happening every 6 months or so with thinset/grout. I need a space age adhesive I guess.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Sponsored Links

Davestone
05-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Your problem may be two fold. With the frezers being opened there may be contant moisture being introduced, making it's way through the grout after awhile, then when it freezes the water vapor expands and cracks the tiles,or causes debonding.And of course no time for the thinset to cure properly ain't helpin. If it were me i'd use a flexible type latex additive, along with a rapid set latex additive,i think you would have better success.