Custom's Multiset [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Custom's Multiset

duneslider
03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Anybody know anything about this stuff? My local HD stocks it now and by the looks of it, they are selling it really fast. Says it needs to have admix added to meet A118.11 but yet it still says it is a modified thinset. Anyone have any thoughts on this stuff, or opinions, or whatever?

Multiset (http://www.custombuildingproducts.com/ProductCatalog/SettingMaterials/LatexPortlandCementMortars/multisetmortar.aspx?user=pro&lang=en)

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
03-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Bought a sack this afternoon because they were out of Versa Bond. I'll probably get into it tomorrow. :)

duneslider
03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Be interested to hear what its like, and what you think of it. You using it with the admix? Or using it like a dryset on kerdi?

chase2000gt
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Beat me to it. I was going to post this thread today. We have been using c-cure 917 over concrete floors, which meets the same ANSI ratings.

Northwest Tile Guy
03-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I have used as a replacement for versabond because that is what the guys at Dal Tile had told me. It seems to be pretty close to versabond but I have no technical data to back that up!

duneslider
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Did you use it with the admix? It doesn't meet the same specs as versabond without the admix. It doesn't seem much better than a good dryset without the admix.

Tileworks
03-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I looked at the data sheet on their website for both products. It appears that the MultiSet is not in any way as good as Versabond, and maybe still not as good even when using the admix.

My comment is based on the shear bond after 28 days figure.

- Bob