I think I bought some bootlegged kerdi?? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile


View Full Version : I think I bought some bootlegged kerdi??

03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Or their spell check ain`t workin ,or thats how they really spell Schluter ,or I`m just ignerant ?

Did most of the Kerdi in a shower 2 weeks ago with one 323 roll & came back today to finish the floor with another 323 roll & I happened to look@ the spelling before I cut it of the roll & this is what I found? Its the big print in the middle of the roll ,but the small print on the sides is spelt right !

Iduno ??? & while I`m at it how come theres no little dashes on the sides of the small rolls of kerdi to line yer kerdi band up with like there is on the big 323 rolls ?

Sponsored Links

Scottish Tile and Stone
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
and I dont see the "R" ontop of of the small r..

03-11-2008, 02:51 PM

03-11-2008, 02:53 PM
www.schlueter-systems.com is their official splash page where you can be directed to Schluter USA or any other language they provide. That is probably the "international" spelling of Schluter.

Does seem odd there are no lines for the overlap. Might have just been an older roll or something.

03-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Looks to me Lou like you got a roll from your brothers north of the border.

03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Just checked some scrap that I had. Spelling is exactly the same as you show. Mine does have the length markings on it though.

03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Yea I thought it might be from north of the border?
Its only spelt that way in the middle of the roll & only where it spells out the web address ,then down a little further in the middle its spelled the way we all know it where it says Schluters Kerdi ? then it repeats every 12-16 inches.

And as far as the small rolls with no band dashes goes I`ve seen it that way for about 6-8 months now but only in the small rolls in the kits?

I got a drain 2 weeks ago @ Dal & it had the old style corners in it ? Go figure ! I guess theres still some old stock floating around.

03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm part German and know that something about the or UE

Umlaut Letters
* Umlauts were originally written as 'ae', 'oe', and 'ue'.

A similar glyph, U with umlaut, appears in the German alphabet. It represents the umlauted form of u, which results in the same sound as the letter mentioned in the previous section. The letter is collated together with U, or as UE.

U-umlaut is frequently replaced with the two-letter combination "ue".

(oo-umlaut) As with '', 'oo-umlaut' is a rounded vowel sound with no real English equivalent. The 'long ' is made by first sounding 'oo' as in moon, then pursing the lips as if to whistle, and changing the sound to 'ee' as in 's<b>ee</b>n'. A simpler approach is to simply shape your lips as if you were to whistle, and then put some voice.

In written and printed German, 'ue' can be an acceptable subsitute for '' if the latter is unavailable.

John Bridge
03-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Yep, I've seen it both ways. I'm sure it's not counterfeit. If you go on some of the European Schluter sites you'll see it that way. I can't tell you where it was made. I know they're gearing up to produce Kerdi in Canada, but the product I get still comes from Germany. :)

03-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I had a roll years ago that had the spelling "Schuter"... Not sure if it was a goof, or just another version of the name they were using.

03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Yea I didn`t figure it was really boot legged , I done quite a lot of kerdi showers & its the first time I noticed it, figured i`d get some other takes on it . All the kerdi I done from day one might`ve been like this ,I just ain`t noticed?