Quoting Text? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Text?

MudGuy
02-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Hello Mods -

When quoting a response in a thread, is there a quote button hiding somewhere near the Post Reply tab that I'm missing?

I know that I can hit Post Reply, drop down to Topic Review, copy/paste the text to the message box and click the Wrap[Quote] tags around selected text button....

Just looking for an easier way? :)

Thanks -

Jonathan

Sponsored Links

cx
02-18-2008, 01:07 PM
That's the easy way, Jonathan. :)

We've removed the Quote All button from our system due to abuse. :(

So now we can claim to have saved you from becoming an abuser, too. :D

MudGuy
02-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks CX!

Wait....I've been saved? :uhh:

:lol1:

lou432
02-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I just wana see if it works :uhh: I been wunderin how ya`ll get`m in da blue boxes :crazy:

I know that I can hit Post Reply, drop down to Topic Review, copy/paste the text to the message box and click the Wrap[Quote] tags around selected text button....

parently not :cry:

Ok Now I got it :yipee:

Thanks ya`ll!!!!!!!

Dan Kramer
02-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I can't figure out how you get it to say, "Originally posted by ..." at the beginning of the post. Can you tell me how to do that?

cx
02-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Make it even more proper, Louis, and give your quote attribution by modifying the first [quote] box, adding an = sign after the word quote and typing in the name of the person you're quoting. Look like this: [quote=CX], [quote=MudGuy], etc.

[Edit]

And that answers Dan's question, too. :)

MudGuy
02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Make it even more proper, Louis, and give your quote attribution by modifying the first quote box, adding an = sign after the word quote and typing in the name of the person you're quoting. Look like this: [quote=CX], [quote=MudGuy], etc.

[Edit]

And that answers Dan's question, too.

That's what I was looking for....Nice!

:tup2:

lou432
02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
= CX adding an = sign after the word quote and typing in the name of the person you're quoting.

Lets see If`n I figured it out.

Nope!

Originally Posted by CX
adding an = sign after the word quote and typing in the name of the person you're quoting.

One more time.

OK it works , nuff lern`n fer the night!

Dan Kramer
02-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Lets see If`n I figured it out.

Cool Cx. Thanks.

ceramictec
02-20-2008, 03:59 PM
whats funny is that the quote button shows up on my PDA but not on my home computer.