bud cline !! [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : bud cline !!

ohcysp96
09-24-2001, 08:24 PM
hello mr cline i posted a ? a few days ago about sealing tumbled marble tiles before setting. the answer you gave raised a couple of new questions and clarifacations. i dont think i mentioned in the previous post that they are tumb. marble dont know if that means anything to ya,the reason i asked was i am getting different recomendations either to seal before setting and then resealing after grouting.the grout is colored sorta close to the tile color i believe they were telling me this if i used a CONTRASTING COLOR????
and of course these were the recomendations of several "home center" tile salesmen!you say not to i would be more inclined to believe you!but i visited as company calle aldon chem.and they also recomend seal before grouting.hheellpp!!!! thanks richie

Sponsored Links

Ron
09-24-2001, 08:34 PM

Seal the tiles after you've set them.One application after setting then install grout.You can,but don't have to,seal the tile AND grout after a minimum period of 72 hours curing time.

I think Bud meant not to seal them before putting them on the wall.

Bud Cline
09-24-2001, 08:53 PM
......zactly.

John Bridge
09-25-2001, 05:05 PM
I've visited the Aldon site a couple times, and it's very impressive. Problem is I've never run into their products in tile stores, etc. One thing's for sure, though. If I'm going to install some tiles, I'm going to listen to a tile insatller/setter/fixer, not a salesman (sorry, Art).

flatfloor
09-25-2001, 05:31 PM
Ol Chip and I resemble that!

John Bridge
09-25-2001, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah, it's chip. forgot. ;)

Bud Cline
09-25-2001, 06:31 PM
I gotta tell you guys this "Chip" thing opens up all sorts of new possibilities. Just when we were getting over the Phenis label. Surely there must have been a handle with fewer possibilities.

chip
09-27-2001, 12:25 AM
You know I thought of Eurba.

Chippy