Polishing Porcelain/Stone [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Porcelain/Stone

K_Tile
11-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I had a guy tell me the other day that he uses high gloss polyurethane to "polish" bullnose. That has never crossed my mind. Would it work?

Sponsored Links

duneslider
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Once it was polished it would then give it a "finished" look. I have used poly on edges of stone to fake polishing with ok results. Don't know about porc.

Most the bullnose I buy looks like the edge has been painted with a matching paint/glaze. I wish there were a way to do that in the field.

Bryan

John Bridge
11-23-2007, 04:32 PM
There is a way to do it. I sometimes go to Home Depot and buy a spray can of a nearly matching paint and spray the edges. If they are not going to receive any wear or water, it'll last a long time.

Both paint and polyurethane CAN BE RUBBED OFF. :D

ceramictec
11-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I did it 15 years ago to some 4x8 Buchtal Porcelain tile in Bright Red and Bright White on an old 50' style McDonalds.
they didn't make a bull nose for it so we matched the red & white polyurethane paint, stacked them on sides tight together and sprayed them, then did a gloss polyurethane to make it looked glazed.

all I can say is that it worked and was done in 4 hours we
had instant finished edge/bull nose you could say. ;)
http://i17.tinypic.com/8c182za.jpg