Huskey Saw [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Huskey Saw

pitterpat
11-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Whatever you do, DO NOT, again, DO NOT buy this Husky tile saw, it is the Husky THD750L. It is the worst absolutely messy saw that I have ever seen. It spews up a lot of water out of both ends (front & back). Water leaks out of the drain tube. It was missing a screw, the blade is dull after about 50 cuts (4" glazed wall tile). And it's NOISIER than hell. I put down plastic and a drop cloth but it sprayed water EVERYWHERE and took me about 1/2 hour just to clean up from the saw. :dunce:

I know, I was in a pinch and need a small saw to finish up a bathroom. I should have bought the Felker from CC. I'm taking this piece of junk back and ordering from CC. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Sponsored Links

opiethetileman
11-11-2007, 05:27 AM
pat sometimes ya have to learn the hard way. did ya get a bath in the calcium chloride mess. yeah it should called a yard fertilizer and not a wet saw

Mountain Tile
11-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Is that the one with the laser on it? I bought a Husky wet saw for about $180.00 and I love it, but the blade that came with it was cheapo, but I replaced it with a good one. It"s great for small floors or backsplashes, where I dont need a big saw.

pitterpat
11-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Yep, it's the one with the laser. That was why I bought it, backsplashes etc but it makes a hell of a mess. a HELL of a MESS.
Yeah OP, I was covered in calc chloride. I even had an apron on and my pants were wet in the crotch (no accident) the bathroom mirror was a complete haze there was a drop cloth on the counter but it was soaked...JUST AWFUL. Now I have to go clean it up in 40 deg weather to take it back :devil:

opiethetileman
11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
why are you cutting tile inside a HOUSE. i would shoot someone if they cut inside a house. years ago we had a tile setter cutting red back tile in a NEW house. needless to say the a/c picked up the dust and spread it out thru the entire 4500 sq ft of the house. it had 20 foot ceilings. the company I was working for had to have the ducts ripped out and replaced. the HO woudlnt go for just cleaning them. talk about loosing your butt on that. yeah pat i bet you looked cute all soaked like casper ghost. here in florida ya dont have to worry about 40 debree weather.

pitterpat
11-11-2007, 02:31 PM
OP, it was white 4 x 4 had the vent clogged up and the bathroom door shut. The dust was not real bad it was the spitting water with the tile dust that made the mess....mostly water. I had the carpet (yeah carpet in bathroom) covered with that sticky plastic stuff.

Took that f'ing saw back, the woman @ HD didn't even look in the box, my luck, if I hadn't cleaned it I would have gotten some sticky clerk that would have ck'd the whole box. She keyed it in as defective.

Yeah I know you don't have much 40 deg weather. My mom lives in Wesley Chapel (North Tampa) has lived in the area for 28 years. Opie just go flip them houses ;)

opiethetileman
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
oh pat maybe Ill come and flip you over and over to shake you dry from the wet saw. hey heres a tip on your new saw purchase ill send ya a full rain suit. do I feel the love

Tool Guy - Kg
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Opie....try cutting tiles in 5 degree weather sometime and say "you can't cut inna house". :stick: :D

But as far as that Husky saw goes.....Pat, why don't you tell us how you really feel. :D :yeah:

opiethetileman
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah i wear shorts about 97% of the time. hell it was 50 here last week and I wore shorts to me its nice. but yeah us florida boys are spolied with warm weather. But we do have one hell of a hurricane season sometimes.

pitterpat
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Opie you know I love you :bow: Yeah, I would need a wet suit to use that thing again! :bonk:

Kurt, that thing was just about the worst tool I have ever bought. That's another reason I only buy thinset @ HD.......HD tools SUCK :mad:

Tool Guy - Kg
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
We've all been there with a crappy tool purchase. :complain:

But it's a great feeling when you get it returned and the bad taste starts to leave your mouth. :)

HS345
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
That's one good thing about HD, they never give ya any lip about returns.

Heck, one time a few days after I had made a major tool purchase I found a 10% off coupon I had forgotten about. Took it to customer service, they honored it. Furthermore, in the mean time the tool had gone on sale, they honored that too. Made me feel like a :king: .

Mountain Tile
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey Pat, One thing I learned about the saw is you have too much water in there, I used to have the same problems as you then through trial and error I discovered If you have just the right amount of water in there it works great. The drain plug has an overflow in it and thats probably why its leaking. Put just enough water to cover the rim of the blade and throw a little water on the table ( not on your shirt) I love that saw, It is light weight and yet has plenty of power. I use mine all the time. I bought an expensive quality blade for it, and it cuts pretty good. I dont bother with the laser though. Try less water and a good blade.

pitterpat
11-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Chuck: Too late took it back. I figured out that drain plug, I read the instructions! Yeah I noticed that it spit less water when you had "just the right amt" but that only lasts for a little while.

I'll get a Felker!

opiethetileman
11-12-2007, 05:05 AM
mk use to have a plastic sheild for the 370 and the 770 models I bet that gaurd would fit on the husky saw. same as the qep saw.. but us flrodia boys are custom to water and nice outside areas to cut tile.

pitterpat
11-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Yeah and you Floor-i-d-a guys usually only have single story houses :uhh:

pjtugls
11-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I am getting ready to tile my master bathroom and will be using 12 x 12 porcelain tiles on the walls. What saw would you recommend I buy that won't require a second morgage.

Thanks

pitterpat
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Felker TM-75. You can usually sell it after you are done using it.