how fed up do you get with Homeowners [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : how fed up do you get with Homeowners

opiethetileman
09-28-2007, 05:15 PM
okay installed a tub hop about a month ago. they call say hey the water is coming out backwards. I said well thats odd i have installed about 150 plus shower vavles and done about 100 repipes. so i go out there and sure enough hot first then cold on a single handle valve. so i call the manufactor PF. they say wow thats odd Ill send ya another valve so it comes i change the valve and still backwards water. so i just happen to use the bathroom sink in the house and WOW it backwards the whole damn house was plumbed backwards. ya think they would have said something to me no they let me change the change and try and figure it out. they have only lived there for 20 plus years. its like the doubted my ability to install the whole job. sometimes ya just want to say NO SPEAKA ENGLISH

Sponsored Links

JTG
09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Dan
That is funny. The whole house is like that and they call you back. :noid: Too much.
JTG

opiethetileman
09-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I am not kidding at all. I should take a pic monday when i go back. ya try and be nice and ya get the short end of the cold stick.

dl
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Back when I was a sparky, got a call from the owner of a 4 unit apartment building once that half of one unit was dead. Did a little investigating and found that each unit had two conduits going to their breaker/meter and the second conduit of each unit went to the "next" breaker box. So when any tenant moved out and canceled electrical service half of the adjacent unit went dead. It had been this way for years. The owner noted that this also explained why tenants sometimes complained that they were out of town for a whole month but still got a hefty electrical bill.

- DL

Alto
09-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Dan,

You get all the fun customers, doncha? :nod:

I finished a walk-in shower and bathroom and was doing the walk-through and on the way out the lady made a point of trying to close the bathroom door, and it stuck firm way before it closed. It had never been closed while I was there. She looked shocked, a little too shocked if you know what I mean, and proceeded to complain. I pointed out that there was about a quarter inch of veneer whiskers on the top of the door where it had been rubbing over the years, but she wanted to ignore that and tell me that something I did must have caused the door to stick. It was a regular production.

If I were you I'd give them a hefty bill, big enough to buy a few ceegars. Nice ceegars. :yummy:

river-wear
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Opie, I'd say the people are dishonest, but that would be giving them too much credit. Sounds like they're just plain dumb.

opiethetileman
09-28-2007, 08:05 PM
yeah and whats sad is i can never tell someone NO at least ill be out there not to mention same house the grandson stood in the shower pan and made 2 bird baths with his feet. little buddy came home and i said who has small feet i picked him up and wouldnt ya know the bird baths fit his feet perfect.