PVC Shower Pan [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : PVC Shower Pan

John I
09-09-2001, 12:30 AM
I am yet another DIYer installing a shower. I have read MB's book and feel I can handle the installation but have a few questions. I bought Oatey's PVC pan liner and solvent. How do you adhere the PVC to the sloped mudbed? Any suggestions on how to handle neo-angle corners?

Sponsored Links

Rob Z
09-09-2001, 07:28 AM
Hi John

There is no need to adhere the pan liner to the sloped mud bed. the weight of the mud above will hold it down just fine.

Rob

Rob Z
09-09-2001, 07:31 AM
John

The neo angle corners can be dealt with by using dam corners and changing the way they are "prebent" into a 90 angle. Go experiment, and you'll see that you can change the place where one of the creases is, and get it to work.

Rob

John Bridge
09-09-2001, 08:39 AM
Hi John (nice name)

If the dam corners are hard to come by, which is sometimes the case, you can fold the pan material to form the neo-angles. Of course, the 90 degree turns still exist at the ends of the curb. These can be handled also. Takes a little experimenting with scraps of the material. The PVC can be stretched somewhat (not a lot).

I've been thinking about doing my own article on the subject, but the TCA would probably revoke my non-existent membership. ;)

John I
09-09-2001, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the prompt response with valuable advice. Your help is a great asset to those of us with less experience but a willingness to learn and desire to create something we can be proud of.