Grouting w/ different colors [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Grouting w/ different colors

JoEllen
04-18-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi All -
Finally getting back to the "project" after a long hiatus. Got everything laid a while back (see dry lay pics below), now am ready to grout. Will be using Spectralock... my question is has anyone ever tried using one color for the grout on the light color V-cap (bought Almond), and another color for between the field tiles (Mushroom)? I'd put the Mushroom color where the field meets the v-cap, but the lighter color just between the trim to try and make it look more like a solid color, not broken up by a darker grout.

Thoughts?

Any one... hoping to hear from someone who has done this kind of thing before.

Sponsored Links

Alto
04-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Pretty doable JoEllen. I stuff a piece of cardboard down in the joint between the cap and field tile at the end of each cap grout joint. It will act as a dam to keep the grout out of the field/cap joint. After the cap grout lines have firmed up remove the cardboard dams with a sliding motion and fine tune the end of the grout lines. When the grout is dry tape it off with blue tape and grout the field joints. Oughta look good!