Shower pan help [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Shower pan help

garypo
03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello,

My name is Gary. I have read through a lot of the back threads and this seems like a really great forum.

I am building a 3'X4' tile shower on a frame floor with a crawl space. The floor system and decking are solid. I need a little help with the shower pan. I am using a pvc liner. How thick do the preslope and the deck mud need to be? If I use mortar mix with a latex admix for the preslope will 1 to be sound? I intend to use sand mix for the deck mud. Once again how thick will it need to be? Do I add wire reinforcement mid way?

gary

Sponsored Links

irish tileguy in michigan
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
hello and welcome gary,
no need for reinforcement.
1/4 inche per linear foot from drain to walls.
preslope 1/2 at drain is ok
deck mud on top of liner minium 1 1/4 at drain
mud curb?

sorry gary metel lath and paper under preslope
not thinking straight, just found out having another baby.

Davy
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi Gary, welcome. I like to set the bottom section of the drain about 1/2-3/4 above the plywood floor. Then I staple down felt paper and wire lath to the floor, make the cement flush with the top of the bottom drain flange. The top layer of mud that goes over the pan needs to be 1 1/4 thick at the drain with 1/4 inch pitch. :)

Check out the "shower construction info" thread in the liberry, good reading there. :)

garypo
03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello,

Wow! Thanks for the quick replys. I read through the Liberry. Some good stuff. Sorry for asking a question that could be easlily found in the archives.

gary

Davy
03-19-2007, 08:43 PM
We'll let you slide this time, Gary. :yeah: Told you there was good stuff in there. :)