Slab counters....kind of? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Slab counters....kind of?

duneslider
03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
The big thing in my area right now is slab counters that are pieced together. I was grouting up a floor today and I walked in and the counter caught my eye. At first I thought it was a bad mess up. The island was five feet and the counter was made with three pieces, two pieces were two feet each and one was a foot. The pieces were all the same stone but looked pretty different. Then the rest of the counter was made the same way, a three foot piece and some two footers and the "grain" of the stone wasn't even all going the same way! I asked the builder about it and he said it is half the cost of full slabs. He said homeowners love it because they can get slabs for half price.

I won't even comment on how well the edge polishing bullnosing was! I could have done better with my eyes closed!

My counters look way better than these but because they aren't called slabs not many people want them. My price isn't even close to 50 a foot either. Just needed to vent a little.

Bryan

Sponsored Links

MHI
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Good to know someone found a use for all those cutoffs and scraps.:)

Tile Ninja
03-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah...there's a place here where you can buy that crap for $250 per "slab".
It's junk.