Another Grouting Question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Another Grouting Question

nathan2000
09-06-2001, 11:17 AM
I am still working on getting the group out of all of the cracks and creveses of the tile in my bathroom, but it seems to be comming along well.

My question now is about grouting my utility room. The Utility, Kitchen, and Diningroom are all connected, can I grout the utility room before I am ready to grout the other rooms? My wife wants the washer and dryer back in there soon. I just wasn't sure if this would leave a line, or make it less strong at the seam where I grout later.

Thanks for all your help.

Nathan

Sponsored Links

Rob Z
09-06-2001, 02:42 PM
Nathan

When facing the "requests" of a spouse, I say do whatever best ensures you stay outta trouble and still get steak for dinner.

Tape a line at a door way, and grout the laundry room. Or, if their is no doorway and this is all one big room, just end the grouting at a convenient line.

Not the best solution, but one that makes life easier.

Rob

John Bridge
09-06-2001, 05:08 PM
"Life easier" is what we're all about here (I think). :D

Bud Cline
09-06-2001, 05:20 PM
I would vary the length of the finished grout lines that will eventually join up and continue. This way an apparent start/stop location woun't be as noticeable.

I would also scoop a little more grout out of the line at the temporary termination point using my sponge. This way when grouting continues it will be easy to "feather in" (blend) the new grout.