Boccino marble in a shower [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Boccino marble in a shower

jadnashua
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I put together a shower for my mother. The walls and floor are porcelain, but she wanted a boccino marble for the top of the curb. Have a solid piece there. I bought a Better Bench corner bench, but haven't put it up yet. I was toying with the idea of geting a scrape piece of the marble for the top of the bench rather than tiling it. From a maintenance viewpoint (and appearance), how would this marble measure up?

Sponsored Links

lou432
02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey Jim ,I`ve done a few Bottochino? better bench tops & quite a few sills/curbs in it. & only a few had reiforcing bars in the sill pcs. I know its quite fragile but I did`nt have any problems as far as installing it & I always seal it once & advise my customers to seal ita couple more times before use & every 6 months or so .

Davestone
02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah the veigny stuff is fragile, like Crema Marfil,and the redder stuff can be soft.If it's polished it won't stay that way long. :bow:

jadnashua
02-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Not sure how it is spelled, the way I had it is how it was on the receipt...the curb is not polished. Still not sure about using it on the seat. I'll see if I can pick up a remnant for a small price or free, and see what happens.