Help. Can I seal a ceramic tile basement? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Help. Can I seal a ceramic tile basement?

jasminec
01-17-2007, 06:15 AM
I have a house that has a ceramic tile basement. The problem starts when we get A LOT of rain. The nighborhood houses are rather close together so there aren't a lot of places for all of that water to go. The rain water literally spouts into the basement. Granted, it has a cement floor and a cement trench around the entire basement floor. But the trench can't keep up. The basement has flooded. Any suggestions on how I can seal the walls? Thanks to all in advance to all.

Sponsored Links

doitright
01-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi Jasmine, Welcome! :)

Can you post a picture? Not sure if you have tiled walls, tiled floor, or what? :confused:

jasminec
01-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I will try to get a pic. I also apologize about the confusion. My problem is with all of the walls...the outside walls as there are no inside ones. Water literally pours in through holes which are mostly in the grout (at least I think that is what it is). Sorry if I'm a little naive about this. I will look for a picture. Thank you.

dl
01-17-2007, 03:49 PM
The real problem and fix is on the outside of the basement wall. Should have been waterproofed and proper drain/gravel installed. Proper fix would be to dig up the outside but there are inside solutions - don't know how well they work.
http://www.sanitred.com/BasementWaterproofing.htm

- DL