oh! s#*!! [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : oh! s#*!!

Steve in PA
01-11-2007, 06:51 AM
d'oh!

started a stone back splash yesterday planing on finishing it today.
because of the unseasonably warm weather we have been having, I never even thought about how cold it was going to get in the garage overnight. it's 15 right now. I've got a bad feeling that my tray, pump and water line are frozen solid. :bonk:

Sponsored Links

VanTines tubntile
01-11-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm in New york and the weather here is rediculous i am going to throw this out there for ya alot of times i am outside cutting well not me but my help , thank god it's my name on the truck now (trust me I did my share of frozen hand cutting) get yourself a heating element similar to what you would use for a waterbed lay it in the bottom of the water tray. it will definatly help out , and the most importnant thing is this , no more dropped and broken tile because you cant feel your fingers ,,, therefore you cant feel the tile i rigged up something a few years ago and wouldn't have it any other way

VanTines tubntile
01-11-2007, 06:57 AM
and if anyone throws a pattent on that idea of MINE the address is 64 mt hope ave ticonderoga new york 12883 ,,, just thought you should know where to send the check

sdaniels7114
01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
If its frozen, take it to a self serve car wash.

Steve in PA
01-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I got lucky... Painters showed up early to paint the garage. They fired up a torpedo heater and my saw was spitting fine.