Is there an easy way to measure on a diag? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easy way to measure on a diag?

rsz
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi all

I'm starting my first tiling project - and of course it has to be a diagonal pattern. :crap:

I'm sort of familiar with how to determine the size of a tile to cut when I get to a wall when using a straight pattern - put a tile over the last tile, then a tile on top of the first tile butted up to the wall and then mark the middle tile - but I'm kind of lost when trying to do the same thing with the diagonal pattern.

My tiles are 12x12 and the room is not very large - 6' x 7'.

Could anyone suggest how I can measure the tiles that will go against the wall and how to get their odd shapes correct?

Thank you in advance.
Robert.

Sponsored Links

JTG
10-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Robert.
Welcome. We have gone over this a couple times and you should look in the Liberry and in the Tile/Advise forum do a search "diagonal tile measure"
:goodluck:
JTG

rsz
10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks JTG - I had tried a couple of searches, but didn't have the right combination of the right words to get the right info. I think I'm on track now.

Thanks again.
Robert.

Mike2
10-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi Robert.

Search on measure and diagonal. 83 threads will be returned. Don't have to read all of them of course but after 3 or 4 you should get about all there is to say on the subject. Come back here with any specific questions afterwards. I may be asleep but Jerry will still be here. ;)

rsz
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Jerry, Hi Mike

Just wanted to let you know I followed the advice of Scott Anthony in one of the posts I found - and made myself "the stick". Once I got the hang of using and marking the tiles with "the stick", my job went really smoothly and I finished the room in quick time. Thank you - and thank you to Scott for his photos and explanation of the "stick". :tup1:

Robert.