motorhome tile grout [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : motorhome tile grout

mangomyday/Cape Coral
10-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm looking for a motorhome tile grout that is flexible.

Sponsored Links

Lazarus
10-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Not too much to go on there......the only way I've been able to make a "flexible" grout is to mix the powder with liquid Keralastic from Mapei. I solved a cracking grout problem on a floor pyut in by another contractor. Just enough floor flex to crack the grout but not to crack the tile. He didn't want to pay for a re-do and challanged me to come up with a quick fix. I didn't guarantee it.....but, amazingly it lasted and hasn't failed yet.

That's the same liquid I'd mix with their morter powder in something like a mobile home to bond the tile.

(just my .02 worth...)

Trask
10-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Welcome,

How 'bout a first name?

The real problem is that if there is enough flex to crack standard grout, as was talked about above, then the tile is in danger of coming up too. I've put marble floors in Motor Coaches and ship deck Galleys on a few occassions and it was a very scary proposition. There are products avilable that will essentially isolate the movement and that's what you really need to do.

What specifacally are you wanting to do?