Back of the range - tile wall? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Back of the range - tile wall?

JoEllen
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi all -
We will soon be starting the counter and backsplash portion of our kitchen re-do, and have an area we want opinions on... the space we have for our stand-alone range is nearly 40" wide, yet the range is a standard 30". We are going to backsplash the area to the right - above the counter, below the top cupboards, but want opinions about what to do behind the range. Here are some pictures to try and help you envision what I'm talking about.

thanks again!
JoEllen

Think I got it figured out - try again on the pics

Sponsored Links

Davestone
10-07-2006, 02:52 PM
In the liberry is a tutorial on how to post pics. :tup2:

Trask
10-07-2006, 03:40 PM
JoEllen,

Tons of options here...Most people like a panel or inlay above the stove/range. I'd hafta see some pics of what your thinking..but here are a few ideas. Some are abouve sinks but the principle is often the same unless you have a high back on the range/cooktop. I have tons of pics ..just having some PC problems at the moment...

ldylvsroses
10-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Nice pictuures :tup2:

JoEllen
10-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Trask - loved the pictures and have a soft spot for fish related things! As you can finally see - now that i edited and inserted my pics is that there really is not much room, visually for much on that back wall. The range, (pictured below) has a control panel that sticks up about 8 inches above the cooking surface. Not sure which way to go. Any thoughts?

rayc325
10-08-2006, 08:03 AM
The easiest thing would be to carry thru the same tile from the backsplash and maybe inlay something different between the top of the range and the exhaust hood ..

Trask
10-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Yep...I like Ray's idea. :)

Shaughnn
10-13-2006, 09:47 AM
JoEllen,
Sorry I just caught this thread. Have you considered a 40" range? For the splash, would you consider building your own mosaic? "Fish" might be a good starting theme? I've seen your work and so I know how handy you are. :)
Shaughnn

Trask
10-13-2006, 10:27 AM
That's a great idea Shaughnn. She certainly has the talent. ;)

JoEllen
10-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi all - Just relooked at this thread, had not looked into a 40" range, but have looked at a few slide-in type that would at least eliminate the issue of the back part of the backsplash and we could then at least carry over the decorative mosaic (4" tall) - or give us a multitude of other choices of behind the range options. How would we tie off the run of backsplash to do something different behind the stove? See pic below of what we are thinking about using. I've seen some edge trim pieces, but not sure... oooohhh- thanks for the compliment Shaughnn, but I had not considered trying to free-hand mosaic anything... love the fishys though!

JoEllen
11-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Been looking all over for a 40 inch wide range that might solve this problem, but have not found much. Needs to be electric.

Any thoughts?

Shaughnn
11-11-2006, 05:33 PM
JoEllen,
Frigidaire makes a 40" electric range, in black and in white. I believe that you can also order from a couple other manufacturers through Albert Lee Appliance in Tukwila.
Shaughnn