Mapei Keracaulk Sanded Pewter [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Mapei Keracaulk Sanded Pewter

Lakee911
10-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Anyone know where I can find the Mapei Sanded Kercaulk in the Pewter color? Lowes didn't stock it and I couldn't find it online. :(

Thanks,
Jason

Sponsored Links

NVC
10-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Jason,

I'm not familiar with the Mapei products, but I'd suggest opening the Yellow Pages and look under 'tile' and call some local tile stores. If they don't stock it, they should be able to order it for you.

hope this helps,
Mark

Mike2
10-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Here is one place Jason. http://www.tools4flooring.com/mapei-keracaulk-s-p-643.html

Do a Google search on Mapei caulk -- other on-line stores will come up as well.

:)

jdm
10-06-2006, 11:03 AM
You should be able to special order the caulk at Lowe'st, too.

Mike2
10-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes, special orders through Lowes is an option. However the minimum quantity is 3 tubes per order and it takes about 10 business days with $10 shipping. Been there, done that. Depending upon your circumstances, that may or may not be a problem of course. ;)

jdm
10-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Now that's service. :D

Lakee911
10-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Tools 4 flooring doesn't carry the color I need. :(

Lowes is prohibitley expensive. :(

How about mixing dry sanded unmodified grout w/ latex caulk?

Thanks,
Jason

Mike2
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
How about going with ColorFast caulk instead. I actually like it better the Keracolor. Less shrinkage, equally as good of a color match, at less cost. http://www.homesupplies4u.com/tile_grout_caulk2.htm

tnttracy
10-09-2006, 03:23 PM
I just placed a special order at Lowe's for Mapei Keracaulk in the Sahara Beige - I'm just guessing that they could special order Pewter for you. - It is pricey ~ $11/tube.
Good Luck.

sgrandjean
10-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Yup. $11 seems a bit high. I'm averaging $6-8 per tube of sanded caulk through two suppliers. Two of the last three jobs I've done have used Mapei Blush sanded grout. Lowe's used to carry Blush, but doesn't anymore. They don't want to special order any caulk (was double the price for a special order in San Antonio).

Cheers.

Lakee911
10-10-2006, 04:36 AM
The Lowes stuff is pricey considering you need at least 3 tubes (I thought it was 6 that you needed to order) so that's mucho bucks.

I'll try that Colorfast caulk. Thanks for the tip!

Jason

Lakee911
10-25-2006, 06:33 AM
Ordered the caulk from HomeSupplies4U on Oct 10...still waiting for it to come in. Called them at 909-514-1458 (is this the right number?) no answer, no VM, sent them an email at info@HomeSupplies4U.com and it bounced back. What gives?

Thanks,
Jason

Mike2
10-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Jason, don't know what might be going on. That is a good number. Orders through the HomeSupplies4U website are shipped directly from ColorFast Industries in California. Try it again after 9:00am, PDT.

If still no answer email dexter@colorfastind.com

Lakee911
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
What the H-E-double-hockey-sticks? I've tried and tried again. No answer, no VM. I even found another email that I've gotten from them at homesupplies4u@gmail.com and it bounces back too. No response. No problem in calling the bank and reversing payment, but I need the caulk! :complain:

Jason

Mike2
10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I've tried calling and emailing as well Jason. Same outcome; no answer, no response. That really sucks.

I don't know what to say other than I certainly regret referring you to that company. I have been dealing with them for over three years and have always been delighted with both the product and service. Until now that is. :bang:

I don't know of any other quick sources for that caulk you need.

P.S. This might be a long shot but you could call Mapei 1-800-42-MAPEI for a listing of other distributors or dealers they might have in your immediate area. Then of course you would have to shag each one of them for Pewter caulk availability.

Mike2
10-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Jason, I just found the paper work on a ColorFast order I placed/received 3 weeks ago. Not only does it contain a different contact telephone number, even the Company address is different from that listed on the website. I don't know what gives here, but try this. Contact:

Dexter Tuttle
ColorFast
1177 West Lincoln Street
Banning, CA 92220

(951) 922-1197

Again, I'd wait until 9:00 am, PDT.

Come back here and report outcome. Good luck.

flegel
10-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I have been lurking on these boards for weeks - thanks for everyone who helped with our kitchen project without even knowing it!

I had also ordered a tube of caulk from homesupplies4u - mine was to match Mapei "camel" - ordered on October 14. The order process went fine, but after 10+ days I tried to e-mail and got them bounced back. There is no phone number on their site, that I could see! I was panicked thinking some bogus company now has my credit card info.

Thanks to your posts on this thread, I e-mailed Dexter@colorfastind with my concerns about the order. Almost immediately, I got a call from Rita who said all was well, the company is legit - but she said they are having some major computer issue so they get some of the order info but not the item list of what is ordered. So they had my info, just not what specifically I had ordered. She assured me the caulk would go out today or Monday at the latest. It was good to talk to a live person who was reassuring. I will keep you posted!

Mike2
10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback and update flegel. :tup1:

We'd like to get to know you better. How about a first name?

flegel
10-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, I'm Rita - just like the gal from Colorfast! I am from Alabama. My husband and I have taken on just about every kind of project you can imagine on our little farm house. In fact, the little house has gone from about 900 sq ft to about 2200 with a major addition a few years ago. But that addition did nothing to help our tiny kitchen. We have just moved the kitchen to another part of the house. We found a local guy to build the cabinets - amazing deal on lovely maple cabinets! We ordered appliances on e-bay, what a deal! We did the tile floor a couple of weeks ago. It's a pretty ceramic made to look like slate. We had issues with grout color, and had to use recolorant...thanks for all the posts about that, but still what a job! And as I type this my husband is cutting the last two tiles for our backsplash. We are using a mix of ceramic and travertine on the backsplash.

I will try to post a photo!

BTW, we are planning to seal the travertine tonight - the small light tile in the centers. Any idea how long we should wait after that to grout?

Mike2
10-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi Rita.

That backsplash is going to look awesome.

Re. wait time to grout after sealing: I take it you are pre-sealing. Best advice is to look on the container for info. on drying time. Aqua Mix Sealer's Choice for example states:
For pre-grout sealing, wait 2 hours after application of sealer before grouting. So in other words, you most likely won't have to wait very long.

P.S. We'll be waiting for your pichers. If you have some Before and After shots, check out a couple new threads Marge (maminaz) started yesterday on photos. You will find them listed on the main board here.

Lakee911
10-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Got your PM Mike. Thanks for your help. I was out of the office on Friday (Oct 27) and someone named Rita from Colorfast emailed me and gave me my tracking number and it actually showed up here on Friday. It's now in my posession. :) I emailed her back asking to be reimbursed for shipping. It didn't even ship until the 24th! We'll see how that goes.

FYI, If anyone else is looking for info on this company, my shipping label had the following info:

ColorFast Industries Inc
3300 West Bolt St
Ft Worth, TX 76110
(817) 846-4910

Thanks,
Jason

leachdr
11-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Also - ColorFast just left me a message regarding my order and their customer service number is 800-400-2488.