Color Staining??? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Color Staining???

Phillip Crowder
08-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Good afternoon... I am new to tile and grout cleaning. I have cleaned relatively new tile but have met my match with a recent project.

6X6 brown tile in a service area rest rooms etc of a auto dealership. I thought the grey grout had black grease and soil buildup so I cleaned with Alkaline then Acid..No Luck. Then chlorinated dereaser, nothing. Finally stripper and straight chlorine bleach...would not budge.

Had a representative from a chemical company inspect and we think the tile has been stained with black stain and this is what we are unable to remove. I used an metal scraper and it did begin to come off.

What should I do? Clean and then color seal again? How? What color sealant should I use? What is the best procedure? How long will it take to do 1350 s/f and 400 L/F 6inch wall tile? NEVER DONE THIS... I have cleaned tile and grout for a year and a half.

Sponsored Links

Davestone
08-13-2006, 01:07 PM
You could do it in two days, by yourself, try here...http://www.aqua-mix.com/family.asp?fam_id=ZAGC&CAT=AQGC&UPSCAT=&TRAIL=MAINAQGC%2C&source=gg&camp=aqua&grp=grout&term=grout%20stain&gclid=CL3j3Meg3YYCFSteOAodPkCr5A

Phillip Crowder
08-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Could someone tell me the procedure, technique and tools to achieve best results? I have cleaned all the tile one week ago with alkiline and wonder how to proceed? Reclean this week before sealant?

What is the steps to take?

What is the industry average pricing for this service?

I would appreciate any help you can give. Dealership is expecting VIP,s on Friday of this coming week. No Pressure.......

Where can I get product? Indianapolis Market.

doitright
08-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Phillip, Welcome! :)

Go here. (http://www.aquamix.com/where_to_buy/) This will help you locate product locally. Pricing is going to be up to you to establish. You'll have to guestimate how long you'll be on the job, and how much material you'll need. I've heard of pricing between $2.50 - $6.00 square foot.

As far as cleaning, it depends how much soil is on the floor since you cleaned it.

I know we're not giving you a lot of info here. This is your business. We can certainly help you out with procedure.