Total height of tile and thinset [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Total height of tile and thinset

nochins
07-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I am laying 12 by 12 porcelain floor tiles on a shower wall on top of the kerdi membrane. This is a corner shower kerdi shower kit setup. I am going to use a 1/4 by 3/8 by 1/4 U notched trowel with versabond thinset. The tile is 3/8 thick and with this size trowel, Is the height of the tile and with the thinset 3/8 plus 1/4, around 5/8 in total height?
I am trying to figure if I should lay the bottom first row of wall tiles first, down to the floor before laying the shower floor. I trying for a layout so that I do not have to cut the 2 inch mosaic shower floor tiles. The wall tiles over the floor or the mosaic floor tile above the wall tiles and also involving the inside edge of the two curbs. Doing the walls first make sense. Maybe I am making too much of this. Do the walls and just cut the mosaica as needed?
Thanks for any tips.

Sponsored Links

Mike2
07-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Think about this approach Norm. Do the walls first but leave the bottom row out. Then do the floor with the bottom row of wall tile laid last, overlapping the floor tile.

:)