Sloped Floor and Curb [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Sloped Floor and Curb

jmsmbry
08-22-2001, 07:26 AM
I am planning a shower installation and was wondering if it is acceptable to pour the sloped floor and the curb at same time. I am planning on using "Quikcrete Sand mix" for both pours. After that I am going to use Nobles CPE membrane. Can I secure the membrane to the curb with Nobles 150 sealant? I know the floor area receives another mortar bed on top of the membrane, but does the curb also require a layer of mortar on top of the membrane or will the thinset for the tiles adhere to the membrane covered curb? Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Rob Z
08-22-2001, 07:35 AM
J

I'd advise you to start out reading Michael Byrne's article on this subject. It will give us something to start with as you begin you project. Uh oh, let me go find the URL.

I'll be back.

Rob

Rob Z
08-22-2001, 07:41 AM
Jim

I see you've posted over at JLC. The link to the article is above on that page.

Rob

Bud Cline
08-22-2001, 10:05 AM
jmsmbry,

In a word: NO.

But you can cast the second pour and curb at the same time, after the liner is installed and placed into the curb.

jmsmbry
08-22-2001, 11:49 AM
Bud,

Would you please elaborate on how you would place the liner into the curb? If I understand you correctly, I pour the sloped floor first; then form-up the curb; lay the liner in place over the floor and into the form of the curb and pour the floor and curb at the same time. How is the liner placed into the form of the curb? Please advise.