Cleaning After Sealing [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning After Sealing

papitojr
06-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello and Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there

Yesterday I sealed my grout with AquaMix Sealers Choice. Its been almost 24hrs since I finished. I have several tiles that still have some grout in the grooves that need to be cleaned off. I purchased a bottle of non-acidic Tile and Grout Cleaner by TileLab.
So my question is this, how soon can I clean the floor after sealing the grout? I'd really like to get this all done and get my living room and dining room back.

As Always, Thanks for the Help

Eduardo

Sponsored Links

doitright
06-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi Eduardo :)

What kind of tile did you lay?

I would have thoroughly cleaned the tiles first, before sealing the grout. I would attempt to start cleaning now. You may need to use an acidic product for cleaning. If so, you will need to reseal. TEST a small area first, and see what works best.

papitojr
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I laid a 18*18 porcelain tile with 1/8in grout line.
I cleaned the tile and grout with a 50/50 vinegar mix a day before sealing to get the haze and the majority of grout off the tile. after cleaning, the grout color was so even that i went ahead and sealed so i wouldn't risk getting the grout wet and changing the color. There's only a handful of tiles that have some grout on them.

doitright
06-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi Eduardo :)

Well alrighty then!

Sounds like you're good to go! :nod: