For Sonnie [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : For Sonnie

flatfloor
10-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Sonnie, somebody likes our grapes. Those are chardonay and it's right after the netting was taken off. He's getting the leftovers. :)

http://www.timesreview.com/newsreview/photos/cover.JPG

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
10-18-2002, 05:33 PM
How quaint. A little dog with horns. :)

Bud Cline
10-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Elk!

As that picture was unfolding I was looking for the kicker and fully expected to see a humming bird or something like that, But n-o-o-o-o-o, it's an Elk.

John Bridge
10-18-2002, 05:50 PM
You don't mean a wapiti, do you?

Bud Cline
10-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Yes I do, Elk.

cx
10-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Mmmmm, wasn't Bud the guy who was 'splainin' us all about how there was six kinds of elk and all like that there some months back?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Elk. ;)

Sonnie Layne
10-18-2002, 07:23 PM
Lotsa folks (mostly middle aged white middle incom women) like chardonnay. I dont have any problem with it, but done in the american tradition, they are way too sweet and heavy for my taste in white wines.

Also, venison has never been a favourite of mine, I'd as soon have owl, which are much easier to find (enter CX stage right) :D Never would I claim it tastes like chikken, more liken to 'gator or crow...

flatfloor
10-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Not one of you gave me the line that would lead me into a long soliloquy about open spaces, living in harmony with nature, all creatures are God's and deserve respect except all those %&#@ing deer that keep eating our Impatiens. Course Cami doesn't give a s*** since she doesn't like them anyways.

BTW your both wrong. That's a Dumpster Deer.

Cami A
10-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Jim, of course I like deer. They make great burgers, tacos, jerky, chili....:D:D:D

Dumpster deer, eh? We've got dumpster chickens 'round here, but no dumpster deer...

We also have those steeeenkin' rodents with wings, but I think that's been covered. ;)

flatfloor
10-18-2002, 08:59 PM
I meant the Impatiens. :)

Cami A
10-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Ya must have me confusered with another Cami. ;):D;)
I've got impatiens (fighting off frostbite) both standard and double.

Sonnie Layne
10-18-2002, 09:35 PM
yessss,,, impatiens sultana. do you know how they came across their generic name? Do you care? It's pretty funny when you consider the egolistics involved in taxonomy.

And they are quite edible. Tart, a hint of sweetness that doesn't occur until swallowed. Perhaps the perfect companion to that chardonnay you've mentioned.

Perhaps.

Then again, maybe not
not all things learned are soon forgot.

Cami A
10-18-2002, 09:43 PM
dohn'/t spill Diet Coke ohn your keygboard....makes you type fuhnhny...

HNo chnArdohnhney for me- I'/m hnot a middle Aagbed, middle ihncome qwomehn qwuite yet.

Off to cleANh thne keybgoaRd. :(

Sonnie Layne
10-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Don't sweat it, Cami.

unplug it, take the bottom off, usually a few screws and snap inserts. Take it to the shower, hose it off while you're bathing, put the blow drier to it afterward until it's really dry, put it back together (or not) and you'll be good as pie. I used to charge for that before keyboards were available for $10, :).

Cami A
10-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Lets_see...Acdefijklmopqrstuvqwzxyz_qwo_eeds_A_spAce_AR,ayoqw_orquestio_marks....:(...ack_tommorroqw _circuit_oARd_&silicoe_dooickeys_all_screwqd_up.:rolleyes:

stullis
10-19-2002, 12:16 AM
I don't think it is the Diet Coke that's making you type funny! :D

My wife just made some grape jelly from our grapes and is working on some homemade wine. The jelly is a bit sour but tasty. Haven't got to try the wine yet!

I'll let you know about it when I do though! (hiccup)

stullis
10-19-2002, 12:18 AM
Oh nice looking deer there flatfloor! I thought you lived in the big city though. Where'd you find room to grow the grapes?

Cami A
10-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Check your legs, Scott...One of 'em is getting looooonger. ;)

(When all else fails, apply the standard fix of carefully dropping keyboard from a height of 12 inches 4 times in rapid succession...:D )

tileguytodd
10-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Along the same lines i always kinda liked hangin it over the clothes line and grabbin a louisville slugger (about a 38 works good for this) Try for an in the park Double.I Gaurantee it will never again tell U you are in Error :D

Tried the washing thing once.total flop,isnt worth the time or effort Bought me a new Memorex keyboard with on board Volume control and a whole bunch a buttons that i dont even know what they do.I call em scary buttons.Dont touch this it may self destruct :)

flatfloor
10-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Scott, I'm about 80 miles from NYC. I didn't grow those grapes. That picture is from one of the local vinyards.

Bud Cline
10-19-2002, 06:31 PM
How 'bout the Elk? Did you grow the Elk?

flatfloor
10-19-2002, 07:32 PM
Not pulling anyone's leg.

I mentioned this before, there are so many goddamn deer running around here they are a genuine problem. Many neighbors are fighting with each other. Some feed them others are trying to drive them off. Some are so tame they can be hand fed.

cx
10-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Bud, Bud, Bud, how many times I gotta 'splain you? I pewt a picher of Wapiti on here long time ago, eh? Maybe you aughta find it and have a little refresher. :rolleyes:

Jim:

That's a real common story around here, too. There are several Yuppie neighborhoods where they have big court battles every couple years, it seems. Same beef every time: Some wanna kill'em all, some wanna feed'em more, some (I am not making this up) wanna trap'em and ship'em to Mexico. White Man weird. :D

Most of us just wanna avoid hittin'em with our vehicles. :(

tileguytodd
10-19-2002, 07:57 PM
Personally,I think that Buck looks jus like a great big walkin Stick of Beer Salami :D

flatfloor
10-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Anybody ask the Mexicans what they think? :D

John Bridge
10-20-2002, 03:27 PM
anybody notice that Sonnie never showed up for this thread, even though it has his name on it? :D

Woops, yeah he did. ;)

tileguytodd
10-20-2002, 06:02 PM
So, Sonny, did ya ever get that music list I sent ya???

Sonnie Layne
10-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Yes, Todd I did... thank you ever so much more so... but uhhh...

how do you know that's a buck???

John, wat, you need a nother pay attention pill?? :)

Oh, by the way, I'm just now out of jail. Seems I caught one of the *)*$#@)*$@#)$)*$) (there were four) that have been breaking into vehicles around here. Last previous thing I remember was stickin' his head between two wrought iron staves in the fence and getting him sideways so he couldn't move. Then the police showed up and thought I was the assaulter. He went to Parkland Hospital, I went to jail. Next last thing I remember was the magistrate apologizing. I had a hell of a headache. Seems I argued with the arresting officers. 'Course the whole time this was going on, JJ was on the phone with the police to get some help. Go figure. At any rate, from what I've learned so far, it's the same little rats that've been doing all the theft around here for more than a year. I'll go to court, but I've no worry over it. He's already ratted on his buddies. He won't forget that iron gate, I'll promise you. Neither will I. ;)

[Edited by Sonnie Layne on 10-21-2002 at 11:58 PM]

tileguytodd
10-21-2002, 10:53 PM
Umm sonny,you are kidding right???
White tail deer with Antlers will always be a buck.(unless of course you shoot a doe drill a couple holes and screw some antlers on the skull.Of course try to explain that to a warden if he stops ya ;)

Oh and trust me,contrary to some beliefs that is not an elk!!!! :D

Sonnie Layne
10-21-2002, 10:59 PM
you tellin me that only male deer can grow antlers????

cx
10-21-2002, 11:00 PM
Yeah, and on them White Tailed Elk, the bucks is nearly always male.

Do we know our big game or what? :D

Speaking of which, y'all know how big time guides can tell the difference betwix the tracks of a big bull elk and a big ol' bovine type cow animal thingee, which tracks looks almost identical and nearly the same?

Correct answer, drawn at random, wins big prize. :)

Sonnie Layne
10-21-2002, 11:12 PM
Three????

davem
10-21-2002, 11:35 PM
Sonnie, how'd you know he was one of the punks? That sounds like a great story! :)

Sonnie Layne
10-22-2002, 01:15 AM
it was the stench of him, recalled it from the smell of my truck last time I wuz robbed.

I've a good lawyer, former County Criminal Court Judge, sits on the board at SMU. I'll be Ok legally. Glad I didn't kill him. Gladder still he wasn't armed 'cause I was out of my mind when I laid hands on him. Police caught his three buddies. I'm still shaking. Coulda died and it wouldn't have been worth it....now.

stullis
10-22-2002, 01:18 AM
Amazing what ya can do when the adrenaline kicks in huh! :)

At least you caught the guys. Sad part is they will probably get a little slap on the hand and away they go. :(

Sonnie Layne
10-22-2002, 02:04 AM
yeah, well... I'll bet that one SOB won't be back in my neighborhood. I even gave him my number... made him repeat it several times til the cops showed up, he was eatin shoe leather I'm tellin' ya.

Cami A
10-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Sonnie, maybe you need another handle. :D

"da poet" might just be too tame for you....

John Bridge
10-22-2002, 07:01 PM
How about Robo-poet? :D