DalTool Tile Cutting Equipment [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : DalTool Tile Cutting Equipment

tpf
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi all,

as a recent member to this forum I left a couple of links to the new DalTool tile cutting and drilling equipment but got little response. I really like to know what you guys think. Have a look at it at http://www.daltool.com/

and Let me know!

Sponsored Links

Davestone
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Well, they look suspiciously like Rubi tools,and it'll be awhile before people try them and are able to give opinions,i'd say.I for one am VERY leary of new products until others guinea pig them for me.

John Bridge
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi TPF,

Please give us a first name and tell us your interest in Dal Tools. :)

Two things: First, the site takes way too long to load. Nobody's going to sit around and watch the thing try to display all the images on that first page.

Second: I'm with Dave. The tools look familiar, and I personally think Daltile should stick to making tile. :)

Chris the Rep
04-19-2006, 07:45 AM
I have it on good authority that they are NOT Rubi products.

Chris

Bill Vincent
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I use Dal's diamond blades now, almost exclusively. Especially their premium saw blade-- it's not cheap, but man has that blade lasted!! They also have a 24 volt cordless coring drill complete with a resevoir and plastic tubing hooked up to the chuck that I've been thinkin about getting. As for the cutters, you practically need a pallet jack to carry the ones that the local Dal has in their showroom!!

Davestone
04-19-2006, 05:23 PM
By suspiciously, i meant they're copies,down Chris. :yeah: Well a heavier cutter i DON'T need! :yeah:

opiethetileman
04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
No kidding CHRIS you didnt tell me the RUBI 700 weighs more than a beer. So what you are saying dave is you want Opie to buy you that cutter and put it in your halloweenie bag :idea: :idea:

mrjetskey
04-19-2006, 06:21 PM
How do you expect to sell good tools if your web site is stone age,I realize this is a tile and stone forum but that ole tape drive tandy type server needs some more beans,you will sell a lot more tools guaranteed!!!!have a great day!

John Bridge
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
For clarity, I don't care who makes the tools. I want to know who is selling them here. :)

DalTool Stainless
04-20-2006, 08:45 PM
I thought I should introduce myself and our company and give some insight to the DalTool Stainless Steel Cutting & Drilling Product Line.

My name is DeWitt Purcell. I am the General Manager of Production Technology Center, Inc. located in Massachusetts. We are the manufacturers of the DalTool Stainless Steel Cutting & Drilling Equipment. We are the USA subsidiary of a Dutch (The Netherlands) company. As "Chris The Rep" (Rubi) alluded to there is no link between us and Rubi. They are a Spanish manufacturer and we are a Dutch manufacturer. Completely separate companies. We have been designing and manufacturing production process equipment for the Electronics Industry and the Construction Industry for over 60 years. It wasn't until recently (3 years ago) that we started manufacturing the Cutting & Drilling product line for DalTile private label. Before that we were primarily located in the European countries.

I'd urge you to check out the product line on line at www.daltool.com or visit one of the DalTile Centers. It is quality engineered and manufactured equipment for the Professional Contractor.

If you have any questions or comments you can reach me at info@daltool.com. Also, if you would like a brochure please e-mail me your address and I'd be glad to send it to you.

Take care and thanks for allowing me to introduce ourselves to you. - DeWitt

Bill Vincent
04-21-2006, 07:06 AM
DeWitt-- thanks for chiming in, and welcome to the fray!! :)

Hunt&Son'sTile
09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi! im the "showroom girl" at dal.... I have to say that PTC is a supper nice company. They also make really good stuff. We're slowly selling our Superior tools to make way for a whole new set of Dal tool products.... I'm gradually collecting them for my husband who's a tile setter. Works out nice, huh? :dance: Oh yeah, the blades kick butt... i'd have to say their the best we have used.

~Stacey!~

Bill Vincent
09-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah, the blades kick butt
That, I'll agree with. The premium blades aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I've still got one blade I started using about a year ago.

tileguytodd
09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Stacey, keep your eye on that Bill guy, he's a really big flirt and will just talk a girls ear of when it comes to diamonds and such :D :D :D

Bill Vincent
09-01-2006, 09:21 PM
So long as they're IN a circular pattern, and not ON a circular pattern!! :D

K_Tile
09-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Welcome! That Daltool Automixer looks exactly like my Raimondi mixer. Do you guys sell the buckets seperately? I'm in need of new ones and I'm having trouble finding them.

Tom Tee
09-03-2006, 06:18 AM
If my experience is any gauge, make sure you call around to a few different D/T stores to get the best price.