Grout Shade Same? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Grout Shade Same?

Palmetto Springs
02-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Guys, :)

I just had my tile installer at my house and was told that the "haystack" color grout is only one color. Meaning that only one shade of haystack can be purchase. If two different installers worked on installing my tiles that I wouldnt end up with two different shades? :noid: :suspect:

Is this accurate??

Thanks,

Connie

Sponsored Links

Scottish Tile and Stone
02-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Yes Haystack is 1 color. But 2 different installers grouting can come up with 2 different shades of Haystack. 1 grouter might be using to much water to mix, not mixing or letting slake properly, or when rinsing and wash out some color.

Palmetto Springs
02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Yes Haystack is 1 color. But 2 different installers grouting can come up with 2 different shades of Haystack. 1 grouter might be using to much water to mix, not mixing or letting slake properly, or when rinsing and wash out some color.

:D Thank you very much.

Connie

doitright
02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi Connie :)

Even the same installer can get different results. Temperature, humidity, direct sunlight can also be added to the mix.

Custom Building Products has their Prizm line of grouts, of which the color Haystack is included. This is a more stable grout, and uses the new glass bead technology.