T-shaped tile spacers [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : T-shaped tile spacers

kgstewar
08-09-2001, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know of a source for "T"-shaped tile spacers? I am tiling a wall with a "brick" pattern and the Home Depot only carries the cross-shaped spacers. I know they must exist because in Michael Byrne's tiling book there is a photograph showing T-shaped spacers piled around the weep holes in a shower drain. The thought of trimming one arm off hundreds of cross-shaped spacers is too daunting!

Thanks,

Kevin

Sponsored Links

Bud Cline
08-09-2001, 08:58 AM
Here's one source for "T" Tile Spacers.

http://www.artistictile.net/store/tools.html#2706

kgstewar
08-09-2001, 09:06 AM
Bud,

Thanks!

Kevin

chip
08-09-2001, 03:05 PM
to $170.00 for the marble, stone, porcelain blades?

They are awfully proud of those, aren't they?

Art

kgstewar
08-09-2001, 03:34 PM
I know what you mean about artistic tiles prices. The price of the spacers was reasonable ($2), but $14 for shipping? Yikes!

John Bridge
08-09-2001, 03:53 PM
Most full service tile suppliers carry the spacers. You should be able to find them.

On saw blades, I get them from an outfit out West. Cherokee Daimond Products. Very reasonable. Porcelain cutting blades (10-in.) are about $60. Get my Hydra sponges from them, too. About half as much as the tile suppliers around here want for them.

Just thought of something. The x spacers will work just as well. Just use them horizontally and leave them hangin out. Makes it very easy to remove them. The 1/4 in. spacers are about as thick in either direction.

Bud Cline
08-09-2001, 04:01 PM
My local Ace Hardware gets my 10" diamond blades from MK Diamond Company $60-$70 each.

My hydro sponges come from US Foam about $200/gross.

I find a lot of internet and catalogue shopping rips you pretty good for shipping. If they wanted to they could mail those spacers to you for under $4 (USPS) I think.