Help with a Shower Base [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Shower Base

Bnews
08-09-2001, 07:03 AM
I'm redoing a condo that had a strange tub encloure. I have demoed the tub and now need a shower base. The space is 48" x 48" with a neo angle corner. A 36" neo angle base would work well but I have hard walls on the two short sides. Everyone makes neo angles to fit a glass wall on the short sides...where can I find a neo angle with a water dam on the short sides.

Sponsored Links

Rob Z
08-09-2001, 07:52 AM
BNEWS

I don't know of any stock shower bases out there that fit your requirements (if I understand what you've described). This sounds like a perfect candidate for a tiled shower pan, made to fit the dimensions that you have.

You can get shower bases made to custom dimensions, but they are usually big $.

Rob

John Bridge
08-09-2001, 04:33 PM
I vote for the traditional mud base, too. But if you want to continue searching for plastic bases, you can try Terry Love's Plumbing Advice Board. Sometimes they reply. Sometimes they don't. Mention beer and you might have a better chance. Seems to work around here. :D

http://www.terrylove.com/wwwboard/index.html

Bud Cline
08-09-2001, 04:38 PM
Sounds like the best thing IS to build this one from scratch, Neo's aren't that difficult.