Lining window jambs with CBU [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Lining window jambs with CBU

johnnymac
08-02-2001, 08:53 AM
Tomorrow I plan on hanging the CBU and drywall for my bathroom project. I even took the day off of work. I need to get this project done (or at least close) before the family gets back from Mexico next Thursday. Here is my latest question; the back wall is block and has a window 36"x16". I'm going to tile into the window. Any tips on attaching the CBU to the window jambs? I'm going to guess the width of the jamb is about 6" I have to fur out the top jamb to compensate for a smaller window, so that goes up like normal. I'm going to use a marble sill, (sloped towards the tub of course) so I just need to do the side jambs. I'm thinking of using flat head tapcons to screw the CBU right to the inside of the jambs, which are finished with cement. Is there an easier/better way? I'm sure the tapcons will work, but I figured I better check with you guys anyway. After all, if anything goes wrong with this project and I get called on the carpet by my wife, I'm going to blame you guys.(Can someone please tell me how to stick those smiley faces in my posts?)

Sponsored Links

Bud Cline
08-02-2001, 03:17 PM
Why not silicon them little guys in there? Pre cut some small boards for wedges, silicon the CBU's, stick them in place then wedge the boards in between them until they dry.

SMILIES STUFF: ;)
http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php?action=showsmilies

John Bridge
08-02-2001, 03:42 PM
Or use thin set to cement them in. Thin set the CBU to the CMU :D