What size tile? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : What size tile?

johnnymac
07-27-2001, 01:54 PM
As part of my bathroom remodel I'm going to tile the floor. It's a small bathroom and the area to be tiled is only 5x4 and part of that will under the vanity. The design committee (my wife) has decided on white tile and white grout. I plan on running the tiles on a diagonal. I was under the impression that using a smaller tile - 8x8, would make the room look bigger. A guy at a tile place told me that using 8x8 tiles would have just the opposite effect, making the room look smaller and recommended using a bigger tile - 12x12 or even 16x16. If that's the case maybe I should try to get one big tile! The design committee has decided that 16x16 is out. So which do I go with, 8x8 or 12x12? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Bud Cline
07-27-2001, 02:28 PM
"one big tile", that's pretty funny.

I agree with the "design Committee", the 16"s are much too big, you will be amazed at the difference the 12's will make in visually enlarging your closet, er--ah, bathroom.

Good Luck

chip
07-27-2001, 03:27 PM
I can't believe a man with the good judgement to consult a prestigious panel such as this, doesn't know that you never, ever, EVER!!!! Disagree or question the good judgment of a Design Comittee with the Stature of the one you described.

Man, you will be sleeping on the STOOP, if your not carefull.

You haven't made any color choices or any thing like that, without her consent have you? Have you?

It is unbelievable how some guys just never learn!!!

You stick with us kid, we will show you the way.

By the way, what beer do you drink? Don't tell me some Micro Brew stuff! We got a guy from Canada, that sticks his nose in once in awhile, who drinks that stuff.

Art (I'll set you free) Phenis

John Bridge
07-27-2001, 04:53 PM
Johnnymac,

This is one of the few times Art has hit the nail on the head. Don't go up against city hall, for crying out loud.

On the other hand, we have an under used decorating board on this site, manned by (womanned by) a couple of very over used decorators. Shoot a post over there and wake up Susan and Marla.

http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3

LDavis
07-27-2001, 05:53 PM
White tile and white grout on a floor? Is the Design Committee also head of the Cleaning Committee? Although a bathroom is probably somewhat safer (from a potential dirt/stain standpoint) than many floors, you still have a substantial cleaning committment. If your in charge of the Cleaning Committee, it might be worth "tactfully" lobbying the Design Committee for another grout color idea. Good Luck!

Bud Cline
07-27-2001, 06:13 PM
White grout on a floor requires a lot of attention to keep it white for very long, even when sealed. Just thought I'd throw that in.