FOLLOW UP ON BACKER BOARD [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : FOLLOW UP ON BACKER BOARD

GRUMPERS
07-26-2001, 06:57 PM
JOHN, After I install the backerboard on the thinset, how long do I have to wait until I can lay the tile ? Is overnight sufficient ? or longer ?

Thanks, Grumpers (from the DIY Board). (didn't know you had your own till I read recent posts on the DIY board.)

Sponsored Links

Rob Z
07-26-2001, 07:04 PM
Hi GRUMPERS

Kudos to having the best name on the forum. I jumped in cos John is out in the Garden watering the plants.

Waiting overnight is fine, the underlying thinset will have firmed up by then...check the instructions for your specific backer board. It seems to me that at least one I used in the past said that tile could be set immediately.

Come and see us again when you're ready to set the tile.

Rob

GRUMPERS
07-26-2001, 07:17 PM
I've posted a couple of times on the DIY.com board. This section on the backerboard is a small area slightly elevated in our sunroom. The rest of it came out great thanks to some of John's advice and reading other posts. I'll be back in a month or so when I start figuring out how to do our screened patio. Its concrete, but pretty uneven and rough (it was my first and last attempt to do anything with concrete other than fence post holes, or deck support columns).

Thanks Again.

Oh, my wife and daughters gave me the name when my first granchild was born. She's now 7 and neither her or the other 2 think I'm Grumpy. They're smarter than their parents,,,,,ha !

chip
07-27-2001, 05:44 AM
Because of the fact that it doesn't have to glue to the substrate, I know of one board that you can tile on immediately.

John,

Can you guess?

Art

John Bridge
07-27-2001, 06:29 AM
Hi Grumpers, Glad you stopped in.

Grumpers and I have something nearly in common: He's Grumpers and I'm "the Grump."

Art, You toyin' with me again? :)

chip
07-27-2001, 05:21 PM
You know I love ya' man!!

You just make it so easy!

Rob,

I'm sorry, I'm back on the exclamation point thing again!!

Art