marble floor [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : marble floor

ascms
07-25-2001, 06:02 PM
My brother-in-law just finished putting down a green marble floor. We used an epoxy by "Tec" to lay the floor which was also to be used for grouting. It was difficut to lay the floor and now we are worried about grouting with this product. My question is can we use a sanded grout instead of the epoxy? If not, have you used a similar product and how hard is it to clean off the marble as you grout? Tis product is water soluble but still a bear to work with.

Sponsored Links

Bri
07-25-2001, 06:07 PM
NOt only is it tough to work with..it leaves a coating of epoxy on the surface of the marble. I'd recommend using an unsanded grout.

LDavis
07-25-2001, 06:36 PM
I "second" Brian, use an unsanded grout. The grout joints are 1/8" or less, right?

John Bridge
07-25-2001, 06:49 PM
I "third" it. Once the epoxy has set, the grouting process won't pull it loose. You actually won't get the stone that wet in grouting and washing. The problem with green marble occurs when it lays in a water-cement bed while the cement hydrates. Grouting is no problem at all.

Bud Cline
07-25-2001, 11:24 PM
I would be scared to death to use epoxy grout on marble, I think you could immediately ruin the finish without hesitation.

So I guess that makes it almost unanimous.