Can I Mix My Own Color Caulk? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Can I Mix My Own Color Caulk?

fenderskirt66
03-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Hello Everyone! Just about to grout my slate kitchen and entryway and tested the Delorean Gray Color Caulk that I picked up and it's just too darn light for me! I want to go darker, maybe a Dove Gray perhaps, but I can't seem to find Dove Gray color caulk for my expansion joints. What's to say I can't blend my own? What if I took 2 parts clear silicon and 1 part wet grout and mixed them together in a bag for the expansion joints? Any takers on this one? Can anyone predict the results? Or, the alternative, find out if color caulk makes the dove gray caulk and find out where in Wichita, Kansas sells the stuff. I went to the companies website to get contact info and they are closed for the day, just thought I would throw this out there though. Also, I have read the do's and don't when it comes to grouting expansion joints, any give on this around an entryway and kitchen?

Kelly
Fenderskirt66

Sponsored Links

Davestone
03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I have good news....You know you can buy any color caulk imaginable. :bow: :)

Rd Tile
03-22-2005, 06:09 PM
http://www.reddevil.com/colorcaulk2.cfm

Mike2
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Dove Grey here too. Dove Grey Caulk (http://www.homesupplies4u.com/tile_grout_caulk2.htm)

mrjetskey
03-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Water and silicone won't mix(wet grout)Good luck!!But order the correct stuff online.You'll get it in a day or two.

rich7
03-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Kelly, TEC has a big line of colored caulk, both sanded and smooth..they have caulk to match all the grout colors they make...

ps...don't GROUT expansion joints..caulk them

claycarson
03-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Kelly -

The folks above have some good suggestions. One more idea - if you really are trying to match a particular paint color, you can have certain types of caulk mixed with latex paint. I tried it recently to match a paint. I forget which company it was, but they mix latex paint to latex caulk.

My only objection is that it came out too light. Let me know if you want the name of the company - I can get it.

Rd Tile
03-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Look Up, 4 posts ^ :bang:

I also use Tec grouts, they have a caulk for every color.:)